Chapter 8

"After the prince saved his princess they run away, far far away then they are going to have sex!" Andrea exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air, with that sudden cry, she (almost) stumbled back. Fortunately Harry and Natalie caught her before her back meet the floor.

They wove through the intoxicated, sweaty, dancing people. After a lot of pushing, swearing and tripping (Andrea's case) they made outside.

Drizzle pouring down from the dark night sky with cold light breeze. "Why dont you guys have sex already?" Andrea mumbled, her  words become more slur. 

Her flaccid body leaned to Natalie, whose hugging her to maintain Andrea's semi-standing position, Harry opened the back door of his car to put the wasted asian down.

. . .

Soft snores from the back seat and light-tune of Sam Smith song; Stay With Me, occupy the car.

"Did you had fun tonight?" Harry asked after turning the car to the right. "Yeah. Best night." Natalie smiled,  she thought how she laughed, danced, and moved freely with the rebels tonight.

Everything Natalie does is not her choice; her clothes, her shoes, her hair and her own marriage but her schooling.

Three years ago, she received a letter from the All Girls School she applied, the feeling of excitement and anxiety was building on her. 

"Father," he looked at Natalie over the newspaper he's holding, "I am accepted for my college"  then her father just looked at his newspaper again and never said a word after that.

She cried in her room feeling worthless but then Nellie came and soothed her then her sister decided to go shopping with her.

Tonight she decided to be happy.

"Are you going home now?"

The joy inside her changed to guilt. The smiles in their faces were changed to her father's knit eyebrows as he shakes his head- epitome of dissapointment.

She didnt reply, worry is plastered on her face. "You know I can come with you" Harry stated making Natalie looked at him.

"No, its fine. I dont want you to be involved in our family mess" she laughed lightly.

"But I am already part of your family mess" Harry looked at her, showing his teeth and dimples.

She just laughed at him, as if he's joking and said, "No, Harry you dont want to be in it"

"But I want to be in it. Remember, 'Us against the world, love' "

Natalie stared at him, not understanding 'why,'

Why is he ready to step with her inside her chaotic family?

Why does he have to say those words?

Why is her heart beating like this?

Why?

"Im going home tomorrow morning" she mumbled, looking down at her hands.

"Im going with you" Harry said without hesitation in his voice. "Okay" she breath out.

. . .

Natalie held the door wide open to let Harry in as he carried Andrea inside then to her room.

"Do you- " uncontrollable yawn was release from Natalie's mouth, she covered it by the back of her hand. "Sorry, do you want some coffee?"

"No, thank you. Its already late and I better get going"

Natalie walked him to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow." he said, tucking his hands in his pockets, his smile mirroring hers "Yeah tomorrow"

The tension between them is like a small flame getting bigger and bigger. Their burning desire from each other is crawling on their skins.

"Bye"

"Bye"

Natalie closes the door, grabbed a blanket from Andrea's room then slept on the couch.

Harry came home, walked in his room, removed his clothes then he slept on his bed sober.

﹏ ﹏

Being a senior means tons schoolwork kms

Thank you for reading

Please vote and/or comment :)

Have a lovely day! -aura