spencer's nephew

Sophie's POV

"Sophie." Brendon said, calmly.

I was staring at my coffee, completely zoned out. I moved my face from my coffee to Brendon's face. "What?"  I asked him.

"I want to talk to you about what Liam said the other night. Do you think my career has negatively affected you?" He asked me.

"I-No, Brendon. Do I wish I could walk around with my friends without someone running up to me? Sure, but I do love the shows and the love from the fans. I don't know why Liam asked me that. " I said and hesitated, but dared to proceed, "Can I ask you something, Brendon" I asked.

"Yea, you know you can ask me ask me anything." He said, putting a hand on my shoulder, across the small table. I tensed up and Brendon soon realized I felt uncomfortable with his hand on my shoulder, by dropping his arm back by his chair. 

I didn't dare look up at him for what I was about to ask was nerve racking but I opened my mouth and said, "Do you want me to call you Dad?" I rushed my words and looked back down to my hands. 

I gently looked up to see him lean back in his seat and said, "Gee, Soph. I don't want to push it, because I don't know your past with your dad. I just want you to be comfortable with whatever, wether thats calling me Bren or Brendon or Dad." He scratched the back of his neck and looked out the window 

"Okay." I said.

"The other day you mentioned YouTube. So, who are your favorite YouTubers?" Brendon said, changing the conversation.

"Definitely one of my favorites would have to be Shane Dawson. Could you imagine someone following you around with a camera all the time?" I said as Brendon raised his eye brows. "Well, I guess you live that life." I kinda felt embarrassed so I put my head down. "Or like Jessie Paege."

"So like lifestyle filming and vlogging?"  He asked and I smiled and nodded.

"You know I like Liam. Actually, I think he's swell." Brendon remarked.

"Swell? Gee, Bren you tripping on something if you still use the word 'Swell'" I laughed as a spaced out into the coffee.

"Do you want the door open or close?" Brendon asked standing in the doorway.

"Open." Sophie said, raising my eyebrows.

After Brendon went to do sound check, she laid back on the couch, grabbed her phone, and started to search through her Instagram.

There was a shadow at the door and she heard a few clicks before Sophie looked away from my phone. There was a young man with glasses who was pointing a camera at her.

"Um, hello? Are you just going to shot that thing at me without even telling me your name?" She asked him as he dropped his camera to his side.

"Um celebrities don't usually ask me my name, so." He commented staring back at his shoes.

"Well I'm not a celebrity, jack ass." She said.

"No?" He questioned, looking at his shoes.

"Are you not Brendon's kid? Doesn't that make you a celebrity by name association or something like that." He said walking further into

"I didn't get a name." She said, flipped her hair, and tried to change the subject.

"I'm Tyler Smith-Price. You know Jake Chamseddine? "I nodded, "I'm his assistant photographer."

"Oh, that's cool." She said, uncrossing her arms.

"I'm also Spencer's nephew." He said. You can almost see the train tracks in her head started to click.

Seconds later, a man with styled up hair combed over, walked through the door. "Spencer. " Tyler said, "Have you met Sophie?"

"No. I'm Spence." He said waving towards Sophie.

"I know who you are," Sophie smiled and laughed but she wasn't looking at Spencer but at Tyler. "Bren talks about you from time to time."

"Makes sense." Spencer said, putting his hands in his pockets.

Sarah and Brendon walked in from the stage to the Sophie on the couch, "How was sound check?" Sophie asked, asked moving her focus from Tyler to Brendon.

"It was good." Brendon said, unscrewing the cap of his water bottle, then slurped it down. "We still have to do Victorious. There was an issue with the screen so they told us to take five."

Spencer walked over to Brendon and whispered into his ear, "Tyler and Sophie are hard core crushing on each other."

"Really?" Brendon asked for conformation to Spencer and he nodded. "Well, hey Tyler what if you and Sophie take some shots while we do Victorious? You would like that wouldn't you Sophie?" He asked her, with his eyebrows raised.

Tyler and her both looked up confused but finally she said, "Yea that sounds g-"

"Finally, let's get a move on back to the stage. " Brendon said trying to rush everyone out the door but stopping Tyler and putting his arm around him, "If you want to ask her out, then do it, but stop skirting around the question, Ty."

"Oh okay, Brendon." Tyler said.

"But if you ever hurt her, you're a dead man." Brendon said, as he walked on stage and Tyler walked down the stairs to see Sophie trying to hide a smile.

As the Dan started the drums up, Tyler started to show her how he takes the concert pictures.

"So there's not that much difference between a regular picture and a concert picture except, " He put the camera in her hands and guided her with his arms around Sophie's.

"Wow that's a good shot." Sophie said as she jumped up in excitement.

After Sophie and Tyler took about a hundred shots during Victorious. Her laughter and excitement for photography made him smile.

Once they finished the set, Tyler marched up his courage to ask her, "So, Sophie, would you maybe want to go a date before the show tomorrow?"

"Before the last show of the leg one tour?" Sophie said and smiled.

Tyler looked back to her and said, "Uh Yeah."

"Yea that sounds amazing actually!"

AN: Have I posted since the Concert? I think so. Hope you liked this chapter.