Prologue: Hatch and Naming

Owen's POV

Owen's POV

My name is Owen Grady and I was a soldier in the navy. I've recently been recruited by InGen Security Division, to research and train Velociraptors. I recommended my old friend Barry Sembene to be my raptor trainer partner. He was accepted as a trainer and caretaker of our future raptors. While I'm head trainer and will be the alpha to the raptors.

Today the eggs are finally hatching and I was going to have the raptors imprint on my first. Then Barry would come in with food and we'd feed them. Then a few weeks from now we'll name the raptors. "So tell me again why they're all female" I say confused.

"All embryos start as females and need a special pheromone at the right development stage to make them male. We simply deny them that, making them all female" Dr Henry Wu explains. He's the head geneticist, in charge of creating the dinosaurs for the park. Which will open in two or three years.

"Owen" Barry's voice calls as he runs over to us. "Is it really time?" he asks excited.

"Yes, according to Dr Wu" I say nodding my head.

"Mr Grady, please enter the room and put the gloves on" Dr Wu instructs. I do as I'm told and enter the debarkation room. It separates the raptors nursery from the rest of the lab. They'd remain here until they're named. Before being moved to a bigger room in their paddock. Then they'd be released in their paddock when they turn eight months old.

I make sure the door shut before putting on my latex gloves and enter the nursery. There are several cameras so that the raptors could be monitored at all times. Of Course, Barry and I will make our of videos of the raptors training. I walk slowly over towards the incubation table. I see one of the eggs already starting to crack and shake.

"Mr Grady, if needed you may help the raptors free themselves of the eggs. Remember to wipe away the egg remains with the paper towels provided" Dr Wu says over the P.A system in the room.

"I will, thank you doctor" I say aloud. "Come on girl, you can do it" I cheer the new hatchling on. As she breaks free I chuckle at the piece of egg shell on her head and remove. "There you are, good little girl" I say smiling as I gently pick her up. I wipe away the muck from the egg as she coos quietly.

"Owen, the others are hatching " Barry says over the P.A system. I gently place her down on the table. Then help the other five out of their eggs and clean them up. Before placing them all on the ground and sitting down cross legged. The first born curls up and watches the three youngest raptors play. While the second oldest tries to get her to play. But she walks over to me and crawls onto my show up my leg. She curls up on my knee and continues to watch over her younger siblings.

Who soon realize she's gone and all approach me. Soon they're all climbing on my and curling up. Two wear playing with my shoe laces though, making me chuckle. "Barry, you can come in now. I believe they're hungry" I say aloud. Not five minutes later he enters the room and the raptors all hide behind me. Making us both chuckle.

Barry sits down beside me with some dead mice. "Doc said one each" he states and I nod my head. I take one and off it to the oldest who sniffs it. Before taking it and eating it. Barry feeds the two greenish raptors. The youngest snatching the mice from his fingers. I then feed the other two and the dark brown one snatched her's from my fingers.

"We need to work on their manners" I tell Barry and he nods his head. Some of them start to yawn and we heard them to they're ground nest. Which is under a heat lap to keep them warm. They all curl up on top of each other and go to sleep.

(Few weeks later)

It's time for the raptors to be named and Barry was helping me pick names. Each raptor has their own personality now and different markings. We've name the three youngest raptors, but having trouble with the oldest two. First the middle raptor is Echo. She isbrown with dark blue striping as well as having dark blue around her eyes. Then the two greenish ones are Delta and Charlie. Delta is a plain dark teal colour. While Charlie is a forest green with black stripes running down her back.

"What about Beta for the second oldest? She already seems to have to be the leader of the group" Barry suggests. As we enter their nursery and sit down on a chair each.

"No, that'll be a her rank. So we shouldn't call her that" I tell him. "What about Blue?" I suggest looking at herwhite stripe with metallic blue in the middle going horizontally from her eye orbit down to the tip of her tail.

"Excellent, what about the spotted one?" Barry asks. I look at the white raptor with subtle black markings all over her body. She's the oldest and appears to be the most laid back. Prefers watching over her sisters, making sure none of them get hurt.

"Sierra" I say and she looks at me raising her head. "Sierra" I repeat and she stands walking over to me. "I guess that'll be your name" I say smiling as I tickle her chin. Barry and I spent the rest of the afternoon, trying to teach the raptors their new names.

A/N

Picture above of newborn Sierra and picture in chapter of young Sierra. Gif on the external link of Sierra's four sisters; Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo. *Warning: slow updates*