13 | red alert

the crowd applauded the girls, as they had revealed sm company's lies. various members of other teams also congratulated them. however, lee soo man was extremely frustrated. he had to be re-investigated, meaning the authorities would look through everything he possessed.

he wanted revenge.

as the five girls of red velvet were walking down the halls of sm company, a guard suddenly said, "right this way! just you two." he pointed at irene and seulgi.

the girls looked at each other in confusion, but obeyed the man to show respect. irene and seulgi then followed him, while wendy, joy, and yeri followed another man that later approached them.

the guard led irene and seulgi to an elevator. he then signaled the girls to get in it, which they did.

"which floor are we going to?" seulgi asked the older girl next to her.

irene looked at the younger with a worried expression. "there aren't any buttons..."

as soon as they realized this, they started putting an effort to pulling to elevator door open. but, it was too hard for them.

they sat down in the floor and began to wait for help. it was all they could do. their phones had no signal, nor could they call anyone that may assist them.

after a while, seulgi suddenly said, "what's this for?" as she picked up a face mask on the floor.

"mm?" irene mumbled as she saw the object in the younger's hand.

seulgi gave it to the older girl sitting next to her, as she thought that she was more responsible.

the two waited in the elevator for hours, to the point where they started to get hungry and tired. of course, none of the two spoke up about this because of the awkward space that was in between them.

irene began to close her eyes due to needing rest from the long day that she had just had. at that moment, the lights turned off- which made both of the girls immediately stand up and wonder what was happening. they stayed silent, thinking that someone may have hacked the elevator.

nothing happened for a while, but the two still held their positions. suddenly, a mist came from the ventilation inside of the elevator. irene smelled it first, in which she tried her best to avoid it. then, she remembered the face mask. the last thing she could do was wrap it around seulgi's face. irene then fell to the floor. the mist then went away.

"unnie!!" seulgi screamed as she watched the girl fall. she tried to pick up the girl, but immediately failed as soon as she watched the elevator door open.

"ah, it worked." lee soo man said.

seulgi looked at him in annoyance. two men then pulled her out of the elevator and continued to hold her in their arms. two other men then took irene out of the elevator.

"sorry seulgi, it had to be like this." lee soo man mockingly said.

seulgi felt a syringe get injected into her neck. she then fell to the floor, unconscious.

- yeri -

"can we see irene unnie and seulgi unnie now, please?"

"no. they're not ready."

"ready? ready for what?" joy unnie and wendy unnie both asked.

"you don't need to know." he instantly responded.

"if you're being so secretive, maybe we should look for them by ourselves." i said as i stood up from the seat i was sitting in.