Chapter 5

"The coffee shop." His voice was low and strained. I pull away, walk round him so we are face to face and look him in the eyes.

"But I have no money." I whimper quietly to him. Tears brim in my eyes. I hear his intake of breath before I feel his arms wrap around me. I smile knowing he can't see my face. Hehe! My plan is working.

"Don't worry, it's on me." He says whilst rubbing my back. Of course it is, I think to myself.

Question number one. Why is he even talking to me? I stink of the forest and am dressed in rags. My nicer clothes are in my bag.

And question number two. How will I get a place to stay, I think of him in a non f*ck me way? Actually when I think about it, I see every nice looking guy in a 'take mah' kind of way, it's just that Phoebe doesn't. It's like she's waiting for 'the one'. I snort, hate to disappoint but that bull crap isn't real. Take what you can get.

I sniffle for a bit before I pull back a little. I raise my gaze to his, smiling I whisper "Thanks". He smiles down at me, re-grabs my hand and rushes in to the coffee shop.

Once he opened the door a little bell rang, signifying another customer and the stench of coffee hits me, filling my nostrils. I grimace. I hate coffee. Well, at least I think I do. I haven't had any since I was a child and I hated it.

"What would you like?" his deep voice breaking my thoughts. I put on a shy smile and look at my shoes.

"Anything." I say quietly. "You choose, I'm going to the restroom." I hip bump him and walk away towards the toilets.

Ahh! A hip bump? Really?

And you said 'restroom'! What the heck you posh b!tch?

I sigh, shaking my head as I walk into a cubicle. I take my back pack of my back and rush to pull out my clothes. I grab the first things my hand touches, which is a white tank top and some skinny jeans. I dig deeper into my bag for some shoes and pull out some gladiator sandals. I quickly change and run back out.

I find Tyler sat in the corner of the shop eating a tea cake. When he spots me he waves like a lunatic and calls me over. I laugh and meander over to where he is sat. Fed up of acting I slump in my chair and reach for the caramel slice that is on the table. I've never been one to continue acting, I normally stop half way through like I am now. I take two massive bites and the slice has disappeared. Then I look at what else is on the table

"I got you a latte, if that's okay?" he says huskily. I sort of do a half smile at him and look down at the drinks. Which one is mine? I think to myself. Tyler must have seen my confusion because he picks up one and places it in front of me. I smile in gratitude and eye the tall glass. I shrug, what's the worst that could happen?

He could have poisoned us! Whilst you were changing! He has brought us here to kill us! Ahh! We're gunna die!!! And it's your entire fault! I had nothing to do with this. Why did I let you do this? Now we are going to go down, down, down to hell! I didn't even want to come in here or follow him! You're a stupid stupid...

I stop listening to her and pick it up, slowly moving it to my lips. I take a small sip, most of it was from the frothy, cream thing on top of the actual liquid but it tasted okay, I guess. I quickly put it back down and scold Phoebe for over reacting. I then look around. There are a few pictures on the walls here and there along with some quotes painted onto them.

"Sooo..." I trail off. Tyler has been watching me look around and its making me self-conscience. I cross my legs and tuck my hands between them a little above the knee. I lean forward and start bobbing my leg.