10

"What are you doing here Noah?" I asked.

"What I am doing here?
Are you asking me this question?"
He said coming closer towards me.

"So you didn't answer my question did you had great night with your fu—"

"Get out" I said before he can complete his words.

"You are kicking me out of my own house?, I own this place for your Kind information." he said spreading his both arms open.

"You may own this house but I am staying here with Emma." I said as calm as I can.

"You don't even pay rents miss Michael. So you are in no place to kick me out of my own place."

I tried to walk out of hall to my room as my head was pounding like a drum. but he stopped me by gripping my wrist tight.

"Answer my question, did you enjoy your night?, while I was waiting for you here for six hours." He said cupping my cheek in his free palm. I closed my eyes leaning towards him.

His breath brush my cheeks, it smell of alcohol. My eyes open in realisation that whatever it is, it is bad.

"Answer it." he shouted this time making me flinch.

"You may be my boss in office, but you are nothing to me here other than Emma's brother. So, you can't demand me to do anything.
You are drunk Noah, I think you should go back to your place."
I jerked my hand out of his firm grip and run towards my room, I closed the door before he could stop me.

He started pounding on my door but I didn't open.
I slide down on the floor closing my ears with both hands. Why his each and every words hurt so much, why my emotions run all over places when he is in front of me?
Why he is so persistent to make me hate him. I can't even come close to hate him after all he did to me

I closed the lights, and slept on my bed without changing my clothes.

I woke up next morning with a headache and sore shoulder, I groon and flip to check the time.

It was sharp 7 am, if I don't want to be late then, I have to get up to get ready. But I couldn't.

I just pull the cover over my head to sleep for five minutes.

Ringing of my phone broke me out of my sleep, I tried to find it to keep it silent, but I don't have energy to move my hand. After ringing for couple of more times, it stopped.

My body was shivering, I curl in a fetus position to keep my self worm.

Later, I heard a pounding on door, I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids felt so heavy to open it. as the pounding continued my head started aching more.
At some point everything went blank and calm, I fell asleep again.

...

I heard shuffling and voices out side my door. But it felt like dream, dream where I was locked in that small dark basement, I started crying begging mom to open door, but she wouldn't open and nobody can hear me as no one was at home.

I shouted.
My eyes snapped open but it was dark. Too dark, I couldn't see anything. I panic, my breath become Laboured. I clutch my heart tight as I can't breath.

I heard voices but I couldn't speak. my body drifted into unconsciousness.