Chapter 1

"Long ago, humans and supernatural creatures used to live together.

The humans, frightened by the strength of the supernatural creatures, began to hunt and kill the supernatural races. However the supernatural couldn't bear to hurt the humans and fell back, letting themselves be killed or hiding among society.

Now, the supernatural are thriving while hiding from humans, getting ready to take revenge for making them hide."

"Mama...?"

"Hmm?"

"Are the supernatural real? So...so can I see the fairies and dragons?"

"Ah, but Ie-kun, you are a supernatural." She smiled, a grin full of teeth that did not suit her gentle and kind appearance. "There are many supernaturals around. For example...the Hibari clan who are pure-blood demons or the Kaji clan who are pure-blood elemental dragons."

Sawada Ienobu widened his eyes, easily getting more and more excited. "But Mama! You once told me your name should be Kaji Nanami! So, so you're a dragon?!"

Sawada Nana—Kaji Nanami—smiles and stroked her son's head. "Yes, Ie-kun. But you're special, because you're a Sawada but you're also a Kaji."

"Mom, mom, what are the Sawadas then?!"

"Phoenixes, but don't tell them because they don't know!"

"So, it's a secret?"

"Yes, Ie-kun. It's a secret."

Oh how she loathed Iemitsu, that fool who thought she was oblivious to the point of fatal weakness. It was such a shame that phoenixes were dying out and that the last pure-blood phoenix, Sawada Ietsuna's—Iemitsu's father—embers has died out. Ietsuna had not told Iemitsu about the supernatural community, but Tsunayoshi knew, it was told to him by his mother, who happened to do it with Ietsuna in a bar and was a Kaji. Nanami's very own sister.

Nanami smiled and kissed Ienobu's forehead. "Sleep, Ie-kun. You have school tomorrow."

"But mom! Tell me more!"

"I'll tell you more tomorrow, if you be good."

"Yay! Good night!"

Nanami smiled and whispered a "good night" while tucking her son in and making sure he's asleep. She couldn't help but rage later on when she thought of how Iemitsu—that damned bastard who she thought might actually become her mate—and his "boss" wanted to seal her sweet, innocent, still vulnerable and defenseless child. If she hadn't interfered, he would've died. Her sweet, smart and caring son who didn't need to see the darkness of this world, who should stay in the light but, no~, that damned Iemitsu couldn't be happy with just the thought of having a caring family like he has been all these years and decided to bring his boss—a mafia boss!—along to see them!

If several of her fellow clansmen and clanswomen let her continue raging after hearing this, the fact that Iemitsu started having mysterious trouble in the mafia was no coincidence. Especially when several of their allies and branches were suddenly obliterated.

And as she stood in the smoking clearing that was full of ice, a clear and smooth voice called. "Aunt Nanami?"

She whipped back to see a baby with an orange pacifier, instantly relaxing and softening her gaze. "Tsu-chan."

"What did my idiot biological brother do?"

And so came the entire story again.

If Iemitsu later woke up to see his older half-brother staring at him disappointedly, he had no idea why, but shrugged and greeted him with a grin which got a kick to the face. "Reborn is rubbing off on you...!" He whined.

"Yep."

'He didn't even bother denying it this time...!' Iemitsu thought sadly.

Nine years later

"Ie-kun! You should get up soon, or Kyo-chan's going to bite you to death!"

"HIEEE!! I'm awake, I'm awake!"

Nanami giggled and fixed the clock into the real time it's supposed to be. Her adorable Ie-kun forgot that today was a training day~!

Reborn smirked as he watched these two, cursing Iemitsu for giving him such unreliable files and feeling relief that he was cautious enough to collect information himself.

He watched as Sawada Nana stared out of the window with a narrowed gaze, trying to find who it was that was watching and had let slip their presence.

Ah, yes. This would be a very interesting thing to work on.

He could already hear his Sky scolding him to be more gentle on the poor boy. Oh well. It doesn't matter, Tsuna knows very well that he stops at the limit and wants only perfection.

Somewhere else, Tsuna sneezed and checked his bonds with his elements just in case.

Nothing... Reborn was planning something. He just knew it.