Chapter 2

Reborn knew that Ienobu was a half-dragon, quarter-phoenix and quarter-human. He knew that this wouldn't be like training another Dino but he can't help but deadpan at how naturally but unnaturally clumsy he is.

Ienobu was strong enough to be Decimo, could access his Flames so he didn't need to use the Dying Will bullet no matter how much he wants to—he could see his Sky's pouty expression if he ever does, it doesn't sound like such a bad idea anymore, maybe he should just for the heck of it—and was a good leader. Iemitsu had mentioned in the report he gave him that his Flames were sealed but that was obviously undone by Sawa—Kaji Nanami and she didn't seem to be very happy that her son was going to become a mafia boss—he followed her that night into a clearing as she turned into her dragon form and let loose all her rage (the destruction made was amazingly impressive)—and seemed to be contemplating poisoning Iemitsu the next time he comes.

To help her with that or not... he didn't know.

Still. It didn't help the fact that he was annoyed and angry at Iemitsu for trying to seal his very own son's Flames—well, he didn't stop Nono from doing it—when it could've killed Ienobu. Reborn's Sky would've been angry enough to massacre several human cities.

Ienobu will be a perfect Vongola boss candidate. He's already bonded his destined Rain, Cloud and Sun and is courting another Sun, two Storms and a Lightning. And he's doing this all unconsciously. Good, but not perfect. Reborn will accept nothing less than perfect. He will turn Ienobu into a perfect Vongola boss and nothing will stop him.

As for how? Training.

Reborn will continue to train the boy no matter how much Dame-Ie says he's a sadistic bastard and spartan tutor. Frankly, he didn't care much about how he was seen in other's eyes as long as he gets the job done—he could see that changing a lot. Meh.

Reborn was the devil's son after all. It was in his blood to be a sadistic spartan.

Ienobu hated his father.

It was official the day that Reborn came. He didn't hate Reborn—not when it was far too obvious that he was only doing his job and that his uncle loved Reborn enough to be his Sky. He could feel Reborn's Sun laced with the familiar Sky Flames that belonged to Tsuna-ojii. Ienobu wasn't an idiot to not know that if even he who was a quarter human was possessive over his Elements, then Tsuna-ojii would be far, far more terrifying—only frustrated at him being so much of a sadistic spartan. Ienobu didn't want to be the Vongola Decimo, why couldn't his dad be? His Tsuna-ojii obviously couldn't when he has to hold the Arcobaleno pacifier, but his dad was free of restrictions! All he needed to do was resign from being the head of CEDF! And then there's also this about having a distant cousin named Xanxus...

So yeah, that was one of the reasons. Second was that he never visited and that Ienobu never saw him as a father—Tsuna-ojii was the father figure in his life, he had ended up blurting out and calling him Otou-San several times, Tsuna was amused and angry, then introduced to him all the other Arcobaleno, they, along with Kaa-San became his parents since then—and if it weren't for the fact that mother explained it to him, he would've thought that the guy was dead in a ditch somewhere. Not to mention that despite so many times of being scolded—his Kaa-San—and beaten—Tsuna-ojii—that guy never tried to repent or even visit once. Ienobu has only seen him once as long as he can remember and that was when he was five.

So to say that Ienobu hated Iemitsu was an understatement. He loathed him, resented the thought of him.

When he mentioned this to Reborn, he snorted and merely said ominously, "Get in line, Dame-Ie."

The fact that he happily did so made his mother smile brightly.

Other than that, at least school wasn't so bad. Other than the occasional fights with Kyoya and Onii-san, it was a normal school life. If only Reborn wasn't adamant on bringing those who were his into the mafia... but he couldn't help it, Ienobu was selfish enough to do it anyways. Takeshi was a good friend and Ienobu finds it fun to mess with those friends who only want to be friends because of their abilities.