003.

•   •   •

• • •

I spent the next few hours panicking. I somehow managed to get up and get ready for class, but I looked a hot mess. I was on campus that afternoon in my psychology class. Ironically enough, we were on the subject of Psychosis.

Great.

"Now," My professor said "Psychosis itself isn't really an illness, but rather a symptom. You may have delusions or hallucinations. That's when you imagine you hear or see something that doesn't exist."

I couldn't decide which WONDERFUL possibility was worse: A demon is fucking with me, or I'm actually insane and should check myself into an institution. Time seemed to drag on until we were finally dismissed. I grabbed all of my stuff and headed for the door when my friend Alanna caught up with me.

"Hey biiiit." She said with a grin

"Oh, hey. I'll text you later, I gotta go see—"

"Let's go out tonight!" She interrupted

I don't know if going out is the best idea considering my situation. I don't know when this nigga is gonna pop up again, I really just need to figure out what the hell is happening with me.

"Maybe, I'mma hit you up."

"You better!"

I never rushed to my abuela's faster. One anxious subway ride later—I flew through her front door.

"ABUELA!" I called out

"Zoe?" She walked out of the kitchen "I wasn't expecti—"

She stopped talking abruptly and her eyes widened. The blood drained from her face.

"Abuela...?"

"Que hiciste?" She asked, terrified
(What did you do?)

"Nothing! I swear, he just showed up and I—"

"We need to get this demon energy off of you. NOW. Its everywhere." She grabbed my arm and led me to the living room "When did it start?"

She grabbed a mortar and pestle, she began frantically placing herbs into it.

"Last night... I saw him on the train."

"Him?" She asked suspiciously "What do you mean him?"

"Jahseh."

"YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Never speak a demon's name." She warned "Has it spoken to you yet?"

"We spoke this morning..."

"You talked to it??" She yelled "Zoe, have I taught you nothing?!"

No.
Because my dumb ass wasn't listening to you.

"You need to stop engaging it. Do you understand?"