Chapter 2

The sky was blue and clouds were white. The sun was up high, over towering the planet people currently lived in known as Earth. Weird looking birds flew across the sky to the south and the gentle breeze brushed against it surroundings.

In a far away island, there was a village. A village with a peaceful scenery and tranquil life. A village filled with friendly villagers and powerless abilities. A village who wishes for peace to always be there and to not vanish or be disturbed by anything or anyone.

In the village was a girl, around the age of five. She was sitting on one of the mountains, staring happily at her village which she called as home. The girl was swinging her feet as she was sitting on a swing under a tree, the only tree that was resting on the top of the mountains. The young girl had short hair, white as snow and a pair of kiddy scarlet eyes. Eyes that were filled with happiness and love. Eyes that were filled with peace. Eyes that were filled with light and hope.

Eyes that were not clouded with darkness and revenge.

The innocent girl was humming a song while rocking her body side to side to follow the rhythm and swinging herself using the momentum from her legs. As she was having a great time on the mountain, in the village, the villagers were enjoying themselves. There were some who cleaned their front and back yard. There were also those who were taking care of their shops and restaurants. As for the other, they were either busy playing with their children or having a wonderful time with their families. Everybody in the village was doing different activities, having different lives and different objectives. Despite the differences, they all have one thing in common.

They all have scarlet eyes.

The Valentyne clan was known for their identical eyes which was red. As for their hair, the common range of colours is from blonde to black. It was pretty normal for a Valentyne to have those combination but a fellow main protagonist of the story, in fact, has white hair and a pair of scarlet eyes. Some villagers say that it was a curse sent from the ancestor who dislikes being a Valentyne as they are known to be powerless and not only that, but he too had white hair. With that said, he was banned from the clan and was told to never returned as he had the title 'A monster' or 'The devil'. Though, there are some who disagree. They say it is a miracle for them. A new era for the Valentyne clan.

As the girl who they see holds a power in her eyes, a power that only their ancestors who used to wield but it was no longer passed through generations as the last to have was the ancestor who was banned from the village. It is clearly a miracle as the clan can no longer be called as the clan with no powers. Yet, it was suspicious and weird. How did the girl able to wield that power as the last ancestor was centuries ago? Could it be possible that she was gifted? Could it be possible that she was the great great great grand daughter of the last wielder? It is uncanny as it is impossible, considering the possibilities as well as her parents who can not wield that power as well as her brother. Needless to say, the village was calm and serene.

In one of the wooden houses in the village were a father and a mother as well as a son. The mother in the family was cooking their mid-day snacks while the father and son were having a wooden sword fight at the back yard. They were having great until the mother of the family told her son to call her daughter which is, of course, the girl who was on the top of the mountain. "Okay!" He said with a smile plastered on his face.

He dropped the sword and sprinted outside, after putting on a pair of sandals. As he ran to the mountains, he was waving to the villagers who greeted him a good afternoon and even replied, which was surprising as when people run, it causes them to be breathless. While the boy ran up the mountain, he shouted to catch her attention, waving at his sister who turned to look and wave back, giving him a huge smile.