~Chapter Eight~

Chapter Song

Airplanes – B.O.B. feat. Hayley Williams

_______________✏

Five Days Later...

"Ade seriously, we were here yesterday and the day before that, and while you were incarcerated we also tore this place apart. There is nothing here!"
The exhaustion in Stefano's voice could not be hidden no matter how hard he tried. This woman simply would not listen! It was infuriating! What did Salvatore even see in her?

Must really know how to suck cö-

"And I told you yesterday, and the day before that, you don't have to supervise me! Go home, or to the club, or wherever else Salvo has you running around for him."
Adriana's voice interrupting his less than desirable thoughts. She was a woman on a mission, a not so well organised mission, but a mission at that!

Elena's old apartment had been completely abandoned. By the time the dust had settled on the situation at the New Jersey Estate, she was long gone.
Salvatore had quickly organised continuous payments to the landlord which were still occurring to date. It was a long shot, but they hoped she would eventually return and possibly be stupid enough to waltz back into her apartment with no other place to go.
His men had setup surveillance and gone through the home with a fine tooth comb searching for anything that would disclose her location.

"Maybe witness protection?" Adriana spoke out loud to no one in particular; she had been doing that frequently the last few days hoping that something, anything would click!

"Adriana..." Stefano let out a rough overly exaggerated breath. "I told you, we already threatened a US Marshall and everything, there's no record of her in WITSEC."

"Well I can't sit around and do nothing!" She snapped angrily. "My fiancé, your boss, needs our help! I don't think anyone is taking this seriously!" Jumping to her feet from her position on the living room floor where she had emptied every magazine and piece of paper from Elena's coffee table. "You think he's just going to walk out of prison? That the law is just going to be like, oh Salvatore Abandonato, we're in a particularly good mood today, how about you get outta here and rejoin society? Is that the plan Stefano?"

The frustration was getting to her. It had been clearly eating her up inside and Stefano was taking the brunt of it all. It was a good thing he was being paid handsomely for his troubles.

"That's an awful plan Ade, so no, that's not the plan and you don't need to worry about any of this."

"I'm not sitting around doing nothing Stefano..." Adriana stated as a matter of fact. "Are you lying to me? Have you found Elena? She knows something Stefano, why would she run if she didn't? Innocent people don't run! They don't pick up their lives and just disappear!"

"Adriana!" He cut her off before she could continue, she was spiralling and he knew he couldn't allow it. His boss had warned him about her tendencies to step out of line and over think just about everything.
"I swear to you I wouldn't be in this piece of shĩt apartment with you on a daily basis if we knew where Elena was, we're working on it, ok? Let's just go back to the penthouse and-"

"And what?!" She fought back now cutting him off. "Sit around? Should I plan the wedding I may never have? You don't get to choose how I spend my time without my fiancé Stefano, I'm sorry but you don't!"

"Look, Ade, I get it, I understand completely, it's hard. You're frustrated. You miss Salvo, he fückȅd up and gave you a ring at the most inappropriate time he could possibly think of and-"