xxxi. Burns

♚ Zayn's POV ♚

We had searched the entire Manor probably three times over and still couldn't find any clue that would lead us to Odette. Ivy had enlisted all of the Elites as well as the regular guards to help out with our search. Everyone had grown frustrated, particularly Ivy when she discovered the security cameras had been shut down all over the Manor just before Odette went missing. She nearly cussed out the guards until she realized another major asset that had been flawed at the party: the Elites.

"Where were all of you when this happened?" She demanded to know, several Elites trying to hide behind each other and others wincing at the sound of her anger.

I sighed as she yelled at her Elites more, rubbing my temples and walking down the hall to clear my mind. We had called Odette's mother, but she claimed Odette wasn't there. Someone had turned off all of the security cameras before Odette's disappearance. To make matters worse, apparently at the party the Elites were offered a few special cocktails by Seamus as a thank you for helping out with security and all got drunk as a result.

Things weren't looking good.

I sighed as my back slid against the hallway wall, my body lowering to a seated position on the floor as a migraine started forming. Where could she be?

It was just then I saw a blinding flash of light reflect from the floor.

I winced as the light blinded my eyes, but soon rushed over to see what was causing the reflection.

Odette's anchor ring laid all alone on the floor, next to a box that was half opened. A piece of fabric spilled out from the cardboard confinement, heavily embroidered with pretty designs.

My fingers picked up the small handkerchief, my nose picking up a sweet smell on the fabric. As I smelled the handkerchief I felt dizzy, my heart sinking when my mind pieced together what could've happened to my poor little swan.

Odette had been kidnapped at her seventeenth birthday party.

My fingers fumbled to find a tag on what must have been a fake present to her, my grip on the box tightening when I saw the familiar name.

I was going to kill Seamus Deeney.

♡ Odette's POV ♡

I had woken up the next morning with bruises on my arms and legs. Seamus had taken up his proposal of roughing up the hostage the day before, and I hated every second of it.

Now I seemed to be privileged with more company, Seamus pacing around the room while several of his men and a few girls guarded the door. I found that a little stupid, did they really think I was going to bust out of my chains and escape? I wasn't Ivy or any of the Elites.

I had no idea what time it was, but judging from the growling of my stomach, I had been here a while.

It had been so quiet in the room that t startled me when Seamus ceased his pacing and spoke to me.

"I wonder..." Seamus started with a chillingly monotone voice. "What would you say is your best physical feature?"

I was confused, not answering at first. Why would Seamus be asking me this? Was he only going to insult me more? Hurt me with his words again?

I was forced to answer with the rough tugging of my hair in Seamus' fist.

"Answer me when I'm talking to you. What does Zayn love most about your appearance?" He repeated, my head feeling like it was on fire from his harsh grip. I winced as he released my hair, my hands doing their best to rub at my sore scalp, despite still being chained.