5.

Avoiding Sirius is not easy to do when your best friends are mutual, and when one of your other best friends is almost constantly sucking his face off. Needless to say, he was confused when I cancelled our plans to go to Hogsmeade, and our plans to hangout, but he never got the chance to say anything, because I escaped all one-on-one situations. Lily asked me about it, and I brushed her off, not wanting to tell her about Marlene. Then, the Marauders approached me, and demanded an explanation, which I refused to give.

The only person who I'd confided with was Remus, who'd promised not to tell, but also told me that Marlene was a bitch and I should stay friends with Sirius. And I want to be friends with Sirius, but Marlene is my dorm mate, and I'm pretty sure that almost two years of hatred will be worse than ignoring someone.

The worst bit though? I'd thought that Sirius would've caught on, but no. So, as much as I hate to admit it, Sirius and Marlene are Hogwarts' current power couple.

So, while I am moping around and feeling sorry for myself, Sirius is off snogging Marlene, and Remus and Lily have their Prefect Duties, something is bound to happen. Something is bound to fuck me over more so than right now. I've lost my best friend, Marlene and I aren't really friends again, Remus is constantly busy or ill, Lily is always with James, and I need something to get my mind off things.

Usually, I'd use sport and studies, but I want something refreshing, something I haven't done in a while. So instead of my morning run, I go for a swim with the giant squid.

I've been swimming for years, but I haven't gone properly for months now, so I find my swimming costume in the depths of my trunk and go for a morning swim. I swim for half an hour, using a charm so I can see and breathe underwater, it's like a more complicated Bubble Head Charm. I swim for half an hour, before coming to the surface to watch the sun rise. I float in the shallower waters as red streaks fill the sky, and the sun slowly begins to rise out of the Forbidden Forest. I lie that, floating in the water for a while, and the red sky reminds me of an old, cringey rhyme.

                                                             Red sky at night,

                                                            A shepherds delight.

                                                              Red sky at morning,

                                                            Shepherds take warning.

A/N: like I said, filler chapter. with a bit of foreshadowing...