Regretful

Marianas POV

"Hey." Elliot walks up to my table. "Have you ordered yet?" He sits down in front of me and smiles. I had been talking to Elliot about everything that's been going on the past few days and today was our first time meeting in person.  So for our first time meeting face to face, we decided to go get lunch. "Um no not yet, i can't decide on what i want." I chuckled while looking at the menu. i glanced up at Elliot who was also looking at a menu.  

"you guys ready to order?" A waitress comes up to our table. Elliot looks up at me and i nod. I ordered a Cheeseburger and he ordered a toasted turkey sandwich. "So, what's been going on? How are you?" He smiles. It seemed as if his smile lit up the whole entire room. "Not much really.  Ive been kind of lonely though since Masons not around." I shrug my shoulders. I miss Mason, but i dont miss what he did to me.  "Have you heard from Michael?" He asks. It was nice knowing he cared. But all i could do was shake my head.  

"That really sucks. You know I'm here if you need to talk about anything though." He sighs while taking a sip of his water. I smile at his condolences. We sat in silence until his phone started ringing. He looks at me then down at his phone. I nod saying it was okay if he answered it. "Hello?" he says into the phone. While he was on the phone, I pulled mine out to see if I had any messages. 

unknown number: I hope you're doing okay. been thinking about you. 

me: who is this? 

(read)

"Hey, do you think we could reschedule our lunch? There's a problem going down at my job and they need the manager and since he's not in town they want me to come by and sort it all out." Elliot says cautiously.  "Oh yeah, of course. would you like me to bring you your food to your work whenever it comes out?" I ask. "Sure." He smiles while standing up and pushing his chair under the table.  i stand up and give him a hug before he walks out. i sigh as i sit alone at my table. The food we ordered finally came out and i put it in to-go boxes before grabbing my things and leaving. After dropping off Elliot's food at his job, i decided to just go ahead and head home. 

As i got into more comfortable clothes i felt like i was in the mood to watch a movie. I felt very lonely as i sat in my house all alone. Masons always here to fill the empty space but now that he's gone, i feel like a part of me is missing; So, I did something incredibly stupid and decided to text Michael. 

Instagram DM's

Marianaluvsu

can we talk?

Trippieredd

whats up?

Marianaluvsu

are you home?

Trippieredd

do you want me to be?

Marianaluvsu

can you come over?

Trippieredd

ofc. addy?

Michaels POV

I was in the car with Mason when Mariana texted me. He had been talking about her all day. He told me everything, even about how he's been in love with her since their freshman year of high school. "Hey bro can you drop me off at home? i gotta go get some things together for the show tomorrow night." I tell Mason as we leave the tattoo parlor.  "Sure, you need some help?" He takes a quick look at me before focusing back on the road. "No man its all good. its just some little shit i gotta do." i say. 

After Mason dropped me off i went inside and grabbed a jacket before getting into my car and heading to Marianas. As i pulled in her driveway all i saw was her car which meant she was alone.  i walk up to the door and knock a few times before she answered. She was in sweatpants and a hoodie with her hair thrown up into a bun. "Hey." She says quietly without making eye contact. "What's up." i look down at her. I turn around to make sure no one was watching. "come in." She widens the door inviting me to come inside. I walk in and look around. This was the first time I've actually seen her house in person. I've seen bits and pieces of it from her Instagram pictures and surprisingly it all looks the same. 

"Wanna watch a movie?" She asks while walking towards what must be her living room. "Sure. what did you want to talk about?" I ask while following her to the couch. "I dont know. I've just been feeling kind of down. I have no one really to talk to since Mason was one of my only friends. I've been texting this guy, Elliot, I met but its not the same. I barely know him." she sits down on the couch and pulls her knees up to her chest.  "You barely know me, so why did you want me to come over?" I say while sitting down on the other end of the couch. She looks at me for the first time since I've been here and all she does is shrug her shoulders. 

"Have you talked to Noah?" I ask. "He already has a new girlfriend." she laughs but I could tell it was hurting her.  She unpauses whatever movie she was watching before I got here. We both sat in silence and watched the movie. After almost halfway through the movie, she starts to quietly cry. She must've been thinking about everything that's going on. I look at her and she wiped the tears from her cheek as she continued to watch the movie. before I could say anything, my phone started ringing. she looks at me out of the corner of her eye but then looks back at the TV screen. I pull my phone out of my pocket and put it on silence. I stand up and grab the blanket off the back off the couch and lay it across her. I then wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her close into my chest. She looks up at me with confusion filling her eyes. All i could do was smile. She turns away and starts watching the movie again. Throughout the movie, she slowly moved her arm to where by the end of the movie, her arm was wrapped around me. "It's getting late.." i finally say. "I should probably go.." I look down at Mariana who just so happened to be looking up at me as well. "Yeah.." She finally says. She leans up off my chest and stands up. I look up at her as she glanced around the room.

 I have no idea why I did what I did next, but i did it anyway. I lean up and grab her hand, pulling her back down on the couch. She looks at me with confusion and fire glowing in her eyes. As i leaned closer, she leans back but then i guess changed her mind and leans in pressing her lips against mine. i slip my hand behind her neck pulling her closer.  After a few seconds, we both finally lean back. i can't believe i just did that...even after everything Mason told me including the way he felt towards her. 

We sat quietly, still trying to process what had just happened. "yeah its getting late, maybe you should go." She looks away and bites her lip.  

"Can i get your number before i go?" I smile. She looks at me with her what was a regretful facial expression, was now a grin. "Yeah." 

how did you guys like this chapter? please like and comment down below!