Basically

Michaels POV

"Hey Mason, What are you doing here?" I ask as Mason rushed through my front door. He had the biggest smile on his face. "Mariana texted me." He held his phone up to me. I grabbed his phone and read the message 'can we talk?'  So many thoughts ran through my head as I read that message. "Wait, you're going over there now?" I asked as I quickly stood up from the couch. "I mean I guess so." he smiled. I couldn't let Mariana tell him about what happened yesterday. Ever since then, Mariana and I have been texting non-stop and i didn't want her guilt stopping that.  

"Hey, I'm going to head over there right now. Ill come over later and let you know how it went down." His face lit up with happiness. "Uh, can I come with you? Just so we can go get something to eat afterward?" I ask. "Sure, let's go then." He starts heading to the door and out to his car. I sigh and let out a deep breath before following him outside. 

Marianas POV

"Has anyone told you that you have a beautiful smile?" Elliot asks me as we stood in the kitchen, waiting on the cookies to finish baking.  "I've gotten that compliment a few times.." I felt my skin start to grow warm as I blushed. "When is Mason going to be here?" He asks while cleaning up a few of the dirty dishes we used to make cookies. "I think he's on his way." I sigh. I was nervous. Nervous to be face to face with Mason for the first time in a long time.  "Well, I should get going then so you two can work things out." Elliot walks towards me and gives me a hug. "Thank you for being such an amazing friend, Elliot." I embraced his hug. "You too." He grins. I walk him to the door and as soon as he opened it, Mason and surprisingly Michael were standing on the porch steps, fixing to knock. I watched as Michael stared heavily at Elliot as he made his way down the steps.  

"Hey Mariana." Mason purses his lips. "Michael, can you wait outside, I kind of wanted to talk to Mason alone." I look at Michael who had a worried look on his face, but eventually, he nodded and sat down on the porch steps as Mason and I walked inside. 

"Want some cookies?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen and took them out of the oven. "No, I'm fine. " Mason smiles. "Okay so I asked you to come over because I wanted to try to work things out between us... I miss us being bestfriends..." I turn and look at Mason with sincere.  "I'd love that."   I smiled feeling thankful for him for forgiving me. We started talking about everything that's been going on so we could catch up in each other's lives.  I made sure to definitely leave out the moment Michael and I shared.  As we were talking, we started to hear angry yelling coming from outside. We run outside and open the door to find out that Noah was here. "Bruh i told you to leave. There's no reason you should be here." Michael was yelling. 

"Michael come on bro, let's go." Mason grabs his arm to hold him back. "No, we're not leaving as long as he's here." He says angrily. "Then come on Mariana. You can come with us. We planned on going to get something to eat after we left here." Mason looks at me. Noah was staring at me with red puffy eyes that symbolized heartbreak. "Mariana! come on!" Mason yells, breaking me out of the trance that Noah's eyes had me locked into. "im- im coming." I shut and lock my door before following Mason out to the car. Michael gets in the passenger side as I make my way to the back. "Mariana, please! let me explain!" I heard Noah yell right before I slammed the car door. 

Michaels POV

After dinner, we all headed back to Mason's house. "Have any of you heard about the storm coming?" Mariana asks us. "Is it gonna be a bad one?" I look over her shoulder at her phone that had the weather pulled up on it.  "I should probably go home so I can beat the storm." Mariana locks her phone and puts it back in her pocket. "Why dont you just stay the night? Yall both can stay here tonight if yall want." Mason shrugs his shoulders while plopping down on his couch.  "sounds good to me, you down?" I look over at Mariana who seemed very unsure of the idea. "Sure." She eventually smiles. 

"But, I dont have clothes..." She looks at me and Mason. "That's alright, Michael has some extra clothes here, and I have some you can borrow too if you want." Mason offers. "Its fine, I'll just text Elliot and tell him to bring me some from my place." She pulls her phone back out to text Elliot. I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room to sit down next to Mason. 

"So what's going on between you and that guy Elliot anyway?" Mason raises an eyebrow at her before glancing at me.  "We're just friends." She smiles at her phone, but something about the way she smiled, didn't have me convinced she was just friends with him. "You know you like him. Dont even lie!" I laughed, teasing her. I watched her skin turn a rosy pink. "Oh, shit...you do?" I raise an eyebrow at her. Mason kicks me, signaling for me to stop. "I mean, he's pretty cool. He's nice..." she says quietly before sitting down between me and Mason on the couch. "Imma look this dude up." Mason laughs. "Why? It's not like he's a serial killer." She leans her head down on Mason's lap and lays her legs across my lap. She glances at me and smirks. I grab her legs and pull them up farther, leaving my arms resting on top of them. 

"Yo, Yo, He's transgender?" Mason quickly leans up, handing me his phone. "What?" Mariana grabs the phone out of my hand before I could even look at it. "Oh." She raises her eyebrows before handing the phone back to me. "Did you know?" I look down at Mariana. "No, but it doesn't change the way I feel about him." She shrugs her shoulders. I sigh while giving Mason his phone back. "I'm cold," Mariana says, breaking the silence. She gets up off the couch and grabs a blanket before sitting back down in the position she was in just a second ago.  The blanket covered her legs and my arms.

We watched TV for about an hour until there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Mariana quickly jumps up. 

Mariana's POV

"So, your house was locked so I just brought you some of my clothes. Its just a pair of sweatpants, a T-shirt and a hoodie. I also stopped by the store and got you a toothbrush in case. Oh! and I got you some of those chocolate things you like." Elliot smiles before handing me the bag. "Thank you" I give him a hug. "Of course. I'll see you around okay? Text me whenever you get home so we can reschedule our lunch." He grins before walking back to his car. I waited till he pulled out of the driveway before heading back inside. When I walked inside, Michael and Mason were whispering but as soon as they saw me, they stopped. 

"What were you guys talking about?" I chuckled while dropping my bag by the door and running back to the couch. "Mason was telling me about some girl he met the other day." Michael grins. "Dude!" Mason throws a pillow at me. "Cute." I nod my head. 

After a few hours of watching movies, Mason decides to go to bed, leaving me and Michael alone in the living room. "So, do you really like that guy?" Michael looks at me with curiosity. "Who?" I respond. "Elliot, you dork." He laughs while hitting me with a pillow. "He's really cool. And, he's really nice to me...but..." I purse my lips. "But what?" He raises an eyebrow. We both were trying to be quiet knowing Mason could possibly still be awake. "But, he's not the one I have my mind set on right now.." I grin before looking back at the TV.  "So basically, he's not me." Michael chuckles. 

"Something like that..." I look back at him with a smile on my face.

please comment and vote! let us know how you feel about the book! Also, remember to follow us and add this book to your library !