Shadow x Child!reader

* Shadow's PROV *

I sighed as I walked out of G.U.N base with Lana, Rouge and 123-Omega from doing our mission. We had to save a small child called (Y/N) because she got captured by eggman and was gonna be used as a test subject. But we stepped in before any critical damage could be done. " And did you see how i launched my rockets at those robots?! It was like bam! Boom! Ka-pow! " Lana said because of the adrenaline rushing in her as Rouge giggled a bit and placed an hand on her hip. " If it wasn't for me we would have never made it in and save that cute little adorable (F/A)~" Rouge cooed. I grunted a bit before crossing my arms. " That (F/A) won't be staying long here at G.U.N because the commander said that his agents will find her parents " " were agents Shadow " rouge pointed out as Lana nodded in response. " but i'm surprised that were not finding that (F/A)'s parents since we're the ones who saved her " Lana added. " If (Y/N) the (F/A)'' parents are not found she will have to be in custody of an agent " Omega said in his robotic voice. " I just hope it's not me..." I trailed off. I don't think I can handle such a child because she sorta reminds me of Maria for some reason...." Oh brighten up Shadow! You gotta admit she's a cute child for her age~ " Rouge said. " She also reminds me when I was little, cute and innocent, but now I'm a Killing machine with a rocket launcher to Distroy! " Lana said loudly before she started to laugh at what she said with Rouge. " Can you two stop? We're taking a small break before we get back to working, so straighten up. " I said sternly. Both Lana and Rouge sighed before nodding. " You know shadow, you have to lighten up a bit, especially if you're the one who gets the kid to look after " Rouge said as she crossed her arms. " Like that will ever happen " I growled in response. " It's a fifty fifty chance you might get her, plus, you one of the best agents that the commander trust's other than us " Lana commented. I huffed in response before I started thinking about what will happen * timeskip to le night time * " team dark report to my office! I repeat team dark report to my office! " A voice boomed on the speaker as I woke up from my slumber. I rubbed my eyes and walked out of my room and noticed Rouge and Lana walking out from there rooms in there pajamas. " Doesn't the commander know it's two in the morning?..." Lana groaned as she adjusted her long light blue baggy t-shirt as rouge streched in her dark purple nightgown. " What ever it is I don't have the time..." Rouge said tiredly. " I thought you were nocturnal? " Me and Lana asked in unison. Rouge shrugged. " Well a girl needs her beauty sleep " I rolled my eyes as the three of us walked to the G.U.N commander's office where the commander was waiting with omega and... the (F/A)?..." Now I assume you all know why your here correct? " Rouge and Lana shook there heads no as I realized that one of Us is taking custody of the small child. " Show yourself (Y/N) " the commander said calmly like the (F/A) was his own child as she shyly walked up from behind the desk revealing herself holding a beat up teddy bear.

* No one's PROV *

Shadow, Rouge, and Lana just stared at (Y/N) before looking at the commander. " So, who' taking custody of her? " Lana asked as Rouge nodded in response. Shadow crossed his arms like his usual grumpy self, wanting nothing to deal with the (F/A) at all. " It was a bit of a tough choice but I have to go with Shadow to take care of her. " The G.U.N commander said. " Well that's ni-.....wait why me?! " Shadow yelled in disapproval as (Y/N) held her bear tighter as she watched the commander and Shadow argue. " Because your the best of the best and I trust you, i was gonna go with either Rouge or Lana but they have flaws. " " Like what? " Shadow glared. " Lana has some anger issues, she can be a bit destructive at times but not that much " the commander replied rasing his voice. " It's true " Lana said honestly while rubbing her neck with a chuckle. " And Rouge will spend little time of the child and steal, and do her usual business. " " That's not true! I care about the- Ooo.....a diamond...." Rouge said as she stopped looking at (Y/N) and looking at the near by diamond. Shadow growled in response as the (F/A) spoke up. " Is the hedgehog I'm going with nice?.." (Y/N) said innocently as Both Rouge and Lana's eyes looked at her in awe. " Yes he is, Right Agent Shadow? " The commander said as he glared at Shadow. Shadow sighed and nodded. " Yes...." He lied. Shadow knew he wasn't the type of hedgehog to be nice but it's for the child's sake. ' She probably have lossed her parents or they have gone missing. ' shadow thought to himself. ' who knows? All I know is the commander is trusting me with her ' Shadow said as he snapped out of his thoughts as (Y/N) tugged on his arm. " Can I sleep in your bed just in case I have a nightmare? " Shadow grumbled in response and sighed. " Fine...." He said as Shadow grabbed the child's hand and walked out of the office. " Tomorrow I need to ask the girls how to take care of a child...." Shadow mumbled as he entered his room with (Y/N). (Y/N) ran up to Shadow's bed and started to jump on it like a trampoline. " Bouncy! Bouncy! " (Y/N) cheered as Shadow looked over." (Y/N)...stop...." Shadow said calmly, but (Y/N) ignored him and continued jumping on the bed. " (Y/N) I said stop jumping..." Shadow said rasing his voice a bit. (Y/N) kept laughing and enjoying the fun she is having until Shadow snapped." (Y/N)!!! Do what you were told and Stop jumping on the bed!!!" Shadow yelled as she stopped quickly sitting down tearing up starting to cry. Shadow, realizing what he had just done, he tries to calm the (F/A) down. " Hey, hey....I didn't mean that...I didn't mean to yell at you..." Shadow said trying to be gentle while placing his hands on the sobbing (F/A)'s shoulders. " B-But...you....y-yelled....at...m-me! " She said holding her beat up teddy bear tightly. Shadow sighed before remembering Rouge's words to open up if he got the kid. So Shadow gently but awkwardly placed (Y/N) in his lap and rubbed her back. " I know I yelled at ya and you want to have fun but.... you gotta listen to me when I'm telling you to do something..." Shadow trails off. (Y/N) sniffed and nodded in response as she wiped off her tears and hugged shadow as she slowly drifted off to sleep. Shadow placed the girl on to his bed and tucked her in. He then pulled out a spare bed he had and sets it up for himself and layed down and fell asleep in his little dream world. * Timeskip to morning * Shadow woke up to someone tugging on his arm. He tiredly looked up and noticed that (Y/N) was doing it. " I'm hungry..." Shadow sighed a bit before picking up the (F/A) " Don't worry....youll get something to eat.." he then walked out of his room and started to walk to the small cafeteria with (Y/N) in his arms.