Part 2

I was starting to wake up from one of the most peaceful sleeps I’d had in a very long time. The reason I was starting to wake up was because I could feel someone stirring against me. I kept my eyes shut because I knew the light was really intense right now. I could sense it from behind my closed eyelids.

For that reason, I couldn’t see what was going on, but I could feel someone push an arm against me as they shifted. That’s when last night all came rushing back to me.

Perrie.

It was weird that I had felt so comfortable around the blonde last night. I really did think it had to do with how tired I was and how cozy I felt from the fire and the food. I usually never let my guard down; It was dangerous to in times like these. You never know what people’s true intentions are.

During the time we were sleeping, Perrie and I had gotten even closer. From what I could feel presently, her leg was still draped over mine, but now her head was resting against my chest and she was somewhat on top of me. I had my arms wrapped tightly around her waist, holding her to me. My head was buried in her sweet smelling hair.

It was weird though, because last night being so close to her had felt so right. I had sort of wanted her to lay down on the grass with me. Now, I felt slightly awkward about the whole situation and I pretended to shift in my sleep so that my arms fell to my sides.

That’s when I heard Perrie grumble, “What the hell?” with her rough, sleepy voice. I’m not really sure how I felt when I heard her speak like that, but I think I liked it for some reason.

I felt Perrie shift some more, and then I felt her body weight leave me completely. She must have rolled off of me. I could still tell that she was close though, because her body heat was hitting the side of my body. The loss of contact felt weird because she had been lying next to me for quite some time now.

“Don’t do that again, it could be a big mistake,” I heard Perrie grumble to herself. I heard the grass next to me shifting, and I finally decided to open my eyes. At first, I was blinded by the intense light of the day, but my eyes finally adjusted in time to see Perrie’s back facing me as she walked away. I quickly and clumsily pulled myself onto my feet, still not fully awake.

“Perrie!” She didn’t turn around when I shouted at her. She just kept walking to wherever it was she wanted to go.

“Wait!” I started trotting to catch up to her. Once I was at her side, I slowed down to match her pace. She didn’t look over at me. She just continued to stare straight ahead, like she was determined to get somewhere.

“Where are you going?”

“Somewhere,” Perrie grumbled, still not looking at me or breaking her pace, “And please, don’t follow me. I want to be alone.”

“I don’t think that’s true,” I said while sparing a knowing look at Perrie. She just scoffed at what I said.

“Don’t act like you know me Jade. We’ve barely even talked, so stop thinking you know what’s going on in my life and inside my head.”

“Well, if you want, I could get to know you. We can be a duo. It’ll take a lot of stress off of you. I’m not a burden. I make a good companion.”

“Jade, I already said it once: I want to be alone. I don’t know how many more times I have to fucking say it for you to finally understand.”

Her tone had been extremely harsh, and nothing like it had been last night before we went to bed. I just totally knew that she didn’t want to be alone. I could vividly remember the look in her eyes last night every time she mentioned being alone. I knew that deep down she was vulnerable and needed someone.