Training

Hi low everyone. New part time. Hope you enjoy. I don't own Twilight only my oc's. Bye and enjoy.

Melanie pov
Graduation day came quickly.

That night we had the party. After a bit we all gathered in a private room. There were three mutts with us.
" They'll be here in four days."
" This could turn into a bloodbath." Carlisle said.
"Whose behind it?" Bella asked Alex. 
" I didn't see anyone I recognized. Maybe one." Ryan read Alex's mind.
" I know his face. He's a local. Riley Biers. He didn't start this."
" Whoever did is staying out of the action." Alex said.
" They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision." Carlisle said. I spoke from next to Jasper.
" Either way the army's coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town." Jacob spoke.
"Hold up. What damn army?"
" Newborns. Our kind."
" What are they after?" One of the wolves asked.
" They were passing around Rose and Edward's scent. A red blouse and a grey shirt."
" They're after Rose and Edward? What the hell does this mean?" Jacob asked.
" It means an ugly fight. With lives lost." Carlisle said. Jacob and the other two wolves shared a look. Than Jacob looked at us.
" Alright. We're in."
"No. You'd get yourselves killed. No way." Rose said.
" I wasn't asking for permission."
"Bella?"
" It means more protection for you and Rose."
" Jacob, do you believe Sam would agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asked.
" As long as we get to kill some vampires."
"Melanie?" Carlisle asked.
" They'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't even know they even exist. That'll give us an edge."
" We'll need to coordinate." Carlisle said.
" Carlisle. They're gonna get hurt."
" We'll all need some training. Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Melanie has. You're welcome to join us."
" All right. Name the time and place."
" Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into." Jacob spoke to Rose.
"Rose, this is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along. Remember?"

The day of training came and we all were practicing. Ryan and I went first. Ryan came at me but I easily dodged and threw him across the field. He stood up and growled.
" Again!" I stood up slowly. Just than Bella pulled up with Edward and Rose. They got out. We waited and then the wolves came in.
" They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms." Ryan explained.
" They came. That's what matters. Will you translate?" Carlisle stepped up.
" Welcome. Melanie has experience with newborns. She'll teach us how to defeat them."
" They want to know how the newborns differ from us." Ryan said.
" They're a great deal stronger than us becuase their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life." I stepped up and continued to explain.
"Carlisle's right. That's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army but no human army could stand against them. Now, the two most important things to remember are, first, never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. And second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that, and you will loose." We began training.
" Ryan!" He stepped up.
" Don't hold back." I said with a smirk.
" Not in my nature." He ran to me and got me then tossed me but I landed safely and sped towards him. We fought but I easily knocked him down.
" Never loose focus." Next Carlisle and Bella fought. Bella thought she had him but I saw what was going to happen.
" One more thing." Carlisle flipped Bella over.
" Never turn your back on your enemy." Emma and I fought next. Then Alex and I fought. He evaded me pretty well then I grabbed him but he flew up into the tree. Then he dropped down onto my back. I chuckled and patted his arms. He dropped down then skipped over to Alice. We continued to practice for a bit.

After a bit I walked around trying to think and clear my head.
" Melanie." I looked at Rose.
" Are you sure there's nothing I can do to help?"
" Well, your presence alone, your scent will distract the newborns. Their huntin instinct will take over and drive them crazy."
" Good. I'm glad." I nodded my head and began to walk away.
"Hey. How do you know so much about this?" I sighed.
" I didn't have quite the same upbringin as my adopted siblins." I took my jacket off showing off my scars. Rose dropped down.
" Those bites are like mine."
" Battle scars. All the trainin the Confederate army gave me was useless against the newborns. Still, I never lost a fight." I began walking away. Rose walked with me.
" This happened during the Civil War?" I smiled.
" I was the youngest major in the Texas calvary, all without having seen any real battle."
" Until?"
"Till I met a certain immortal. Mario. One day I was riding back after evacuating women and children from Gavelston. I came across three men. I thought they needed help so I went to offer my aide."
"Mario was creating an army?"
" They were very common in the south. There were constant brutal battles for territory. Mario won 'em all. He was smart, careful, and he had me. I was his second in command. My ability to control emotions served him well. I trained his newborns. An endless occupation since he never let them live beyond their first year. It was my job to dispose of them. I could feel everythin they felt. I thought what Mario and I had was love. But I was his puppet. He pulled the strings. I didn't know there was another way. Or even different kinds of love. Till I met Alex that is. Now he seen me comin of course."
"You kept me waiting long enough." I chuckled and hugged Alex in a sisterly way. He hugged me back.
" He helped me to become the person I am. I don't know I'd ave become without him findin me." Alex smiled.
" You never have to be that again." Rose smiled and looked down. I saw Alice watching as was Jasper. I pushed Alex away gently towards Alice. He skipped over.
" You two really have a strong bond." I smiled and looked at Alex having fun.
" He is my brother in every way. And we've watched over each other for the longest time. He can be a pain in the ass but I wouldn't trade him for anythin." I went over to Jasper and put my arms around his waist. He pulled me close. I was glad with how things have turned out.

Okay. Done. Hope you enjoy. Adios amigos. See you soon.