Chapter 3

The next morning, I immediately called up my best friend.

"Hello?"

I heard her soft voice, I realized she had to be sleeping, making me glance at the time. Shit!

"Sorry for waking you up Jen, but I can't hide the news. I'm engaged."

It took her a moment to let the words sink in.

"YOU WHAT?"

"Yes. You heard me!"

"Alex, you're crazy! She's 18!"

"So what? You told me yourself to go after what I want!"

"Ugh true. But I didn't know you were gonna pop the question on her!"

"He what?" I heard Dalton's voice in the back.

"Wait, you're with Dalton again?"

"Yeah I spent the night at his. Why?"

"No reason. Just surprised."

"Alex, man, it's not surprising."

Dalton's voice spoke in. I figured one of two things: he took her phone or he had me on speaker. It was kind of funny actually to see him butting in my business when it comes to talking with Jen.

"So what's this about you popping the question?"

"I thought I was talking to my best friend?"

"Man. You got me too. You could always have a manly chat!"

"Funny Dalty. Manly chat with you? When you've got my best friend?"

"Be lucky I'm not the one fucking her yet."

"DALTON!"

I laughed as I heard Jen's voice squeal in shock.

"Sorry babe"

I then heard Dalton muttered. Those two are wild for each other but I'm sure if Dalton could, he would take the chance to sleep with her. It's obvious they care about each other.

"Look Dalton. I love you man. But I want Jen's opinion on it."

I finally spoke, trying to get him to give my best friend her phone back so I can talk to her.

"Alex, you don't even know her family that well."

"She did say yes though."

"So what? She's a teen in love. Any girl like that would do anything."

"But I do love her."

"I know. Just rushing it to keep her won't work."

"We made love too."

I had to admit it. I knew it wasn't just sex. We were.......are, in love.

"Alex, be careful man, you're talking a teenager. She can easily dump you for anyone else."

I heard Dalton's voice chime in. I didn't want to hear those words. I know it. She could have anyone.

"Didn't she lose her virginity to that one band dude?" He then asked.

"I, I, I don't know..."

I honestly didn't. We never mentioned past relationships in details. We skimmed through those parts. I did get a shock though when she had said she wasn't one. I mean, with 3 brothers around, you'd think, she would be a virgin still. Then again, with all the bands touring and shit. I guess anything is possible.

"Dude, just be careful. You don't want to get hurt. You're a good guy."

Dalton said, as I let my thoughts wander to Sydney.

"I'm going to let you guys go."

I simply said, hanging up quickly and sighing. I don't know why. But Dalton made a point and those words started to sink in.

---

"Dalton, I'm worried."

"Babe, if he feels that way. You gotta let him do what he wants."

"I know I just, she's 18."

"So? I'm 21 and with you."

"Yeah, but teenage love is kinda different."

I look at him as he laughs, slipping his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. His gray-blue eyes gazing back at me.

"There's no such thing as different kinds of love babe."

He says before leaning in and kissing me. I smiled just taking in the moment. Maybe he's right. Maybe I'm overthinking the situation.

Breaking away, Dalton sent me a small smile. He leant in and kissed me again, before lowering his head down to my neck. I could feel him switch between kissing and sucking it.

"Dalton!!"

He chuckled but continued anyways. I knew I was going to be in trouble if my parents saw it.

He moved up and kissed me again. His hands sliding under his t-shirt that I had on. I bit my lip as his touch sent goosebumps to my arms and a shiver ran down my spine. It was obvious I liked him. A lot.