13

//

As Chae Young and Jin walked to the former's apartment building after Jin insisted on walking her home, the two found themselves in comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company.

"Hey, Jin" Chae Young called out, making the boy look at her with a quizzical face.

"I didn't say it before but thank you so much for getting me to your dorm last night. Something... bad might have happened if you hadn't, even though you had no obligation to travel in the middle of the night for me. Thank you so much" she said with a soft smile which was reciprocated by the boy beside her.

"It was no problem, Chae Young, honestly. I didn't mind one bit. Plus, your safety is much more important than any inconveniences" he replied, ending with a playful wink, making the girl roll her eyes at his flirtiness.

"Yeah yeah"

"I still can't believe you called a balloon advertisement a giant kitty. It was hilarious" Jin chuckled, making the girl hit him lightly on his arm.

"Stop it. I was drunk" she mumbled, making the boy laugh even more.

"That just makes it funnier" he wheezed out, holding his stomach for emphasis.

"Ha ha ha" Chae Young said sarcastically, rolling her eyes at the grown child beside her.

It was still surreal that the weird boy sending her punny jokes everyday was a world famous idol. It felt like a dream. It wasn't that it changed anything, it was just that Chae Young felt the unrealness of the situation. An idol texting her? An idol ditching practice because she got drunk? An idol calling her just to calm her down? It was unbelievable.

But then she realised he was just human. His job might be glamorous but at the end of the day, he was just like her; a normal person just wanting to fulfill his own dreams and aspirations. He made bad jokes, cared about other people, and tried to seem as self-confident as possible. He was just a person.

But then why did her heart beat so loudly when he smiled at her?