1- eden

Asher isn’t like anyone i’ve known, as well as anyone I’ll ever know in the future. I’ve been mates with Asher Schlink, who’s also emo, since I was 8.  It’s kinda his fault i’m emo. I lived in Brighton at the time. Maddison and I were at the park and he was somethin’ like, “ello’ mate, got any scran? I’m starvin’ ay!” and it made me laugh. We started hangin out, but Mads got a vibe from him and of course kept her distance because she’s a punk like that. Anywho, he got me into Amy Winehouse and Janis Joplin, my idols. They’re the reason I write music today.
    I’ve been mates with Asher Schlink, who’s also emo, since I was 8, back in ‘00, mate. 8 years ago. It’s kinda his fault i’m emo. I lived in Brighton at the time. Maddison  and I were at the park and he was somethin’ like, “ello’ mate, got any scran? I’m starvin’ ay!” and it made me laugh. We started hangin out, but Maddie got a vibe from him and of course kept her distance because she’s a punk like that. Anywho, he got me into Amy Winehouse and Janis Joplin, my idols. They’re the reason I write music today.

    I’m emo. Now, when you hear the word “emo” you think of what? Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy,
maybe even Avril Lavigne. But not me. I’m really different from a lot of emos. I’m more straightforward than that. A lot of emos have crazy cool hair. Not me. My hair is long (about mid stomach), straight most of the time,and  black and purple. I don’t wear that stuff some emos wear either. I don’t even wear that much makeup, unlike Maddie who feels the need to put 80 fucking pounds of it on her face. Just some eyeliner (cat eye), mascara and contour. My favourite colour is black, so of course almost all my outfits are neither black or black and purple. I wear normal teen stuff, like black crop tops, skinny jeans, and high heel boots if I feel like it.

    Now, about my Dad. Fasten your seatbelt kiddos, we’re in for one long ride.

    Let’s start with our names. We are 15% Russian, 25% Greek, and 60% English. My Dad is 10% Russian and my mum loves the UK, but my Dad really tried to live and breathe like a Russian even though he was more English than anything. So what they did was give me a Russian and name and gave Maddison an English name, and our last names are of the Scottish descent.

Anyways, my parents, Geo and Hana, met when mum was 14 and started going out. They married when my mum was 17 and my Dad was 19. She got pregnant the next year (with us obviously), and things went downhill fast. According to my mum, they were fighting all the time and Dad was being unfaithful.

When we were 5, they divorced. We moved to London and lived there for 3 years. That’s when I met Asher. No one really likes Asher. He’s not mean. He’s just scary looking, he looks  like Edward off “Twilight.” It’s the dark look in his eyes that scares people. That’s not me calling him ugly, by the way. He gets into fights all the time, and he has these really scary outbursts (he has ADHD), and he abuses drugs. I’m not talkin’ bout no pills type shit, i’m talkin’ heroin, cocaine, etc. Everyone knows it but the teachers. I think they’re afraid to snitch. I’m the only person that truly knows Asher, and he has a good soul. He has never intentionally hurts anyone, it’s just the way he is. He’s a monster to everyone. Even some of the teachers are afraid of him. He’s known as the psychopath of of Wanstead High School.    

Let’s talk about my music, shall we? I don’t consider myself a musician, but I do make music. To cope with depression. I started getting depressed when I was 10, started cutting at 11, did that 2 years, and quit right before I turned 13, thanks to music. Music got me through some pretty shitty times. Times I thought I wouldn’t make it, i’d write, and it helps. I’ve been uploading music to iTunes for a while now, and it gets around 9k-20k views. People tell me i’m talented all the time, but I don’t believe them. I know i’m good at guitar, but I don’t think i’m an amazing singer. I think I have an alright voice, I guess. You tell me if i’m a good songwriter:

i'll forever hold this against you 
you'll suffer for the pain you've put me through 
when you least expect it, you'll get what you deserve 
an aluminum baseball bat to the back of your skull 
i'd be more creative, but you're not worth my fucking time

I mean that’s just a little bit of it. It’s called “grudge.” I wrote it about how my Dad promised to come see me for my 14th birthday and never showed. He'll never realise how much shit he puts us through and how badly it hurts.

Ok, school. My school is an awful place to be everyday, and i’m not just saying that. It truly, truly is. All my problems trace back to year 9, when I met Elle Chamberlain. Take a wild guess who she is. Yeah. She’s popular, the leader of the school’s most popular group, “the Lollipops”, and a rude whore. Now, about Maddie. Maddie is so beautiful and sweet, and she could make it far, she has a lot of potential. She just doesn’t love herself. You can tell she’s miserable by the way she looks when Elle and her other “lollipops” go around pushing kids around. She’s clearly disappointed in herself. Oh, well. She chose that lifestyle.