3- eden

Maddie's shorts was just about up her arse and she looked uneasy the entire time.

Jo and Jade, my goth mates, looked utterly disgusted by her slutty choice in garms, but in Maddie's mind, wearing basically a bra in public, wearing extensions so long you could trip on them, and wearing half the makeup section in Sephora and shorts that just about show the edge of your panties is fine because "everyone does it" when it's only the tramps she hangs out with.

Asher was already there and looked really excited to see us. I was really... awkward, y'know, since I fancied him and stuff. When everyone went to go order, Asher asked me to meet him outside.

"What?" I asked, slightly nervous.

"I like you... a lot. Like, more than friends."
My stomach dropped. I mean, yeah, I liked him too, but like, I wanted to wait. But I figured I might as well say yes, because.. I don't know.

"I like you too, thank God." I blushed.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

Smiling, I replied, "I think I could give you a chance." We made our way back inside.

I hadn't even been inside for a full minute before chef Manson called me to the counter.

"Yeah?" I asked, standing up straight.

"I've been listening to some of your music. You have a gifted voice, an amazing talent. You could really do something with it. How would you like to start doing gigs here at the pizzeria every Friday night?" He smiled. I appreciated the offer, but I would probably be owned on the staged.

"I don't have any money. I wouldn't have a way to get here, I paid me mate's mum tonight."

"You don't have to pay, I have a tire pump so you can ride your bicycle here."

"What about my guitar?" The truth was, I was trying to find any excuse I could to not do these gigs. I mean, I don't think i'm ready to even play in front of my friends, let alone an entire audience. Yeah, I upload music to iTunes, but it somehow brings me comfort not knowing who's listening to my music, so that I won't have to try impress anyone in particular.

In a rage, Maddie stormed up to me out of nowhere.

"Okay, so Asheden is a thing now?" she was fuming.

I just cackled. "What?! Oh, yeah. We're dating."

"Oh, great, so, you're making decisions on your own now!" She shook her head.

Making decisions on my own? Like I just must ask her to do something?

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean, that I can't live my own my life?," I shouted. "I'm so sick and tired of you acting like i'm completely out of control. You're my twin skank, not my mum!"

You could tell that made her snap.

"For God's sake, Eden, i'm popular, everyone is gonna assume i'm a slut, there's no way i'm letting you date Asher!"

"You just don't get it, do you? I'm not gonna do anything, Mads, i'm 16 years old!"

"So if Asher shoots up the school are you gonna call the police?"

She was asking stupid questions, so of course I had to sound stupid when I replied.

"You know what, I just might. I trust him," I stormed away, with Manson chasing me. "Sorry, Manny," I sighed, still walking, "she's a pain in the arse. I'll do it. Thank you, I really appreciate it." I walked off.