IV : Bills, Bills, Bills

The walk home was more stressful than you'd like to admit.

Since that woman told you 'not to wait because it gets worse', you've been scared shitless. What did she mean? What would happen if you did decide to wait? Well, you figured that you'd find out, because there was no way you'd give your virginity to a sex demon.

You were just hoping he wouldn't be home when you'd arrive. Best case scenario would be that he gave up on you and unclaimed you to go get another, and much easier prey. Yeah, that would be perfect, wouldn't it? Walking back home, opening the door to nothingness, being able to lay down without worrying about being pounced on by a hungry and horny paranormal entity...

Unlocking the door to your apartment with the idea that Mutsuki would be gone, you nearly dropped your grocery bags when you spotted a head of green hair on the couch, watching what looked like Grey's Anatomy. Demons were into that dramatic stuff..?

"Oh, hey!" He exclaimed, flashing you a shy smile (which really didn't fit him, knowing he was very far from being shy) as he turned around on the couch to look at you. "You're home a bit late, I was pretty sure you finished at four thirty today. Did the guy with pink hair have you do his clean up duties in the end?" He then eyed the grocery bags and quietly 'ooh'ed.

"Yeah." You muttered, taking the food you purchased into the kitchen. "What are you doing here? And most of all, how the hell do you know my work schedule? Also, how the hell do you know about what Touma told me?! What are you, a stalker?" You asked angrily. Oh, how you would have given anything to come home to an empty apartment, devoid of life and, well, the undead, considering you were dealing with a demon here (you didn't know if you should consider him a living being or not).

"Found a copy of it." He simply said, raising a sheet of paper. "And for 'Touma', I've got eyes everywhere." He then winked. "It's a nice little place you work at, though."

"You fucking stalker." You growled, snatching the schedule from him hands, folding it and placing it in the pocket of your pants. "I'm not going to give in by the way."

"I know. You're the stubborn type, I like it." He answered, watching as you walked back into the kitchen to unpack the plastic bags you had put down at the counter. Mutsuki followed after you, making you notice that the little fucker made himself at home already by changing into a loose T-shirt and some grey sweatpants. You didn't like it one bit, but you couldn't deny thinking that he looked attractive like that (of course he does, he's an incubus). "And you also know I can't un-claim you or anything, right? You're stuck with me until you give in, or worse." He added, settling down in front of the counter, leaning on it and placing a knee on a stool, making himself comfortable.

"Or worse what?" You frowned. It's the second time today that someone tells you about this 'worse' option and you wanted some damn answers. You hated these type of guessing games where you had to figure out for yourself what's the true danger here.

"Anyways, I'm living with you now! Yay for roommates!" He exclaimed, raising his hands in the air and giving you a bit of what you liked to call 'jazz hands'. "Isn't this exciting? It's like a really bad anime. Imagine something dumb like 'My roommate's a demon?!' or something similar." He thought about it for a second before gasping, slamming his hands flat on the counter (making you flinch), smiling widely, showing off his white teeth and abnormally sharp canines to you. "'Incubus'! It's such a vague title, it sounds stupid, right?" He then looked at you for approval, but received none.

You were just thoroughly pissed that from now on, you had to live with a demon and all because you didn't want to sleep with him. Why did you have to be so kind in the first place? You could have easily just walked away, but noo, you just had to quench that agonizing thirst for gathering papers in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Hey, don't be so mad! I'm not bad, I promise! You're just seeing the demon side of me right now, but I assure you I get better with time. Sort of like cheese." He reassured, reaching out to touch you but stopped his attempt when you moved away once again. Tooru sighed and gave up on trying to gain any physical contact with you for today.

"You just ruined cheese for me." You bitterly muttered, causing Mutsuki to nervously chuckle.

"Now, now, don't treat me like demonic scum! At least you didn't get one of those lying dirt bags that make deals and don't fulfil them in exchange for your soul. Be grateful!" He jokingly scolded, although his smile seemed forced. It's like there was some other meaning behind his words. But maybe that was just you over thinking things.

More importantly, there were different types of demons? Well, isn't that a pleasant surprise? You might not be done with the demon business once you get rid of this one... Hey, on a more positive note, you could make a career out of it!

"If you're going to stay, you might as well pay a part of the bills." You sarcastically grumbled, (violently) throwing the now empty plastic bags into the garbage can (you really needed to start taking better care of the environment) and pushing past Mutsuki to leave the kitchen area.

You heard him hum behind you, low and soft, a smooth noise that you would have openly enjoyed if he weren't an incubus. "You know, that's a pretty good idea." He spoke in a teasing manner. You outwardly groaned when you heard it. He's using that tone of voice way too much on you.

"I'm not messing around even if it sounded like it. Sorry about that, but I'm being serious!" He insisted, keeping an intense eye contact with you when you turned around to give him a warning.

Your hand rose up, keeping your index finger in the air while you started on a stern tone, "Tooru Mutsuki, don't even--"

"(Y/N), do you think I could work there with you?"

You scanned his face for any signs of mockery, but to your horror, you found none. This man was being one hundred percent serious.

Forcing your lips into a thin line, you glared at him before deadpanning.

"Oh, hell no."