Size Sexy

Shaking with anger, I led Jessica away from her prick ex-boyfriend and down the street

Shaking with anger, I led Jessica away from her prick ex-boyfriend and down the street. As we walked, I threaded my big fingers through her delicate ones. We walked at a quick pace, still hand in hand. No matter my situation, I was determined to make her understand I was in her corner—that I cared about what happened to her and whether she was safe.

Scaring that parasite away had been a good start.

"Where are we going?" she asked, slightly breathless.

"I'm taking you to the bakery."

"But—"

"No buts. Please." I knew I sounded gruff, but seeing Jacob block her from getting up from her chair really burned me. Counting to ten, I did some breathing exercises as we walked. I rolled my shoulders back, willing my body to relax.

Jessica glanced at me. "Why did you say you've heard all about Jacob? I didn't tell you anything."

I unclenched my jaw. "Catalina told me about the breakup the other night at the party."

"Ah."

"Does he stalk you like that a lot?" I tried to tamp down my rage. Thank God I'd followed her after she all but ran off the beach. I'd watched from across the street as she walked into the café and had intended on talking to her when she came out—I'd wanted to apologize for talking about the war and being such a dick—but then she had looked so peaceful and happy sitting in that chair, I hadn't wanted to disturb her. I'd been about to return to the sculpture when I saw the guy approach.

At first, jealousy had flared, but when I saw her narrowed eyes and the sneer on her lips, I realized it was her ex. Then, hearing her strong, clear voice telling the guy she had someone new in her life had spurred me to action. That someone was obviously me, and I knew I needed to intervene and prevent that asshole from ever talking to Jessica again. It was the least she deserved.

"Not really. No. He's tried to win me back and talk to me since we broke up, but I want nothing to do with him. He cheated on me."

I muttered a harsh swear word under my breath. "If he bothers you again, we're going to the police."

She huffed out a little laugh. "I don't think he'll bother me anymore, not after he saw you kissing me like that."

Stopping abruptly and spinning her by the shoulders to face me, I grinned and stared at her. I gently cupped her face in his hands. "Then I might have to keep kissing you every chance I get."

I lowered my head and coaxed a kiss from her lips, tentative at first, then deep and urgent. Just what I needed.

I broke away, grinning. "I can keep that up for hours. Days even."

She opened her mouth and gasped, then grinned. She obviously liked the idea of me kissing her, and that sent a fresh rush of desire through my body. Leaning down, I gave her another kiss. With a little bit of tongue. Just enough to hear a low moan erupt from her throat.