23

Aliyah looked up and saw that they were at a cute little Italian restaurant.

She gasped before turning to Tony

She gasped before turning to Tony. "Oh my God! This is amazing."

He grinned brightly and nodded. "I know. And it's even better on the inside." He took her hand into his and held it close to his side as he guided her into the restaurant.

" He took her hand into his and held it close to his side as he guided her into the restaurant

Aliyah gasped. "It's gorgeous!" As she spoke, a waiter dressed in formal attire walked up them.

"Hello! Welcome in. Do you two have a reservation?"

Aliyah looked up at Tony. "Umm yes. Yes we do."

The waiter walked over to the computer and said "Okay great. What's the name? I'll search it up."

"It's Tony." He said looking him up and down. Aliyah was surprised. She didn't remember him ever calling to make a reservation.

"Hmm what's odd. I don't see it... For how many?" The Host asked looking up at him.

"Tony Jackson. For 2." Tony told him.

"Yes I'm sorry I don't see it. Besides, I'm sorry to say but you guys are out of dress code."

Aliyah looked at Tony who was still wearing his black sweatshirt and white jeans. She wasn't dressed much better, in an oversized hoodie and shorts. It kind of embarrassing for her, if she was being honest.

"Are you sure? Please check again." Tony said again, more sternly.

The host started to look irritated.
"Sir. You are not reserved. Please come back another time."

Tony stared at him for a moment before saying, "That's alright but I don't think I will. My father, Antonio Jackson asked me to come here to review your restaurant for an article he's putting out. Sadly, now I won't be able to give the shining recommendation I was planning."

The host looked taken back. "Antonio Jackson! Oh how could I have not known. My deepest apologies sir. We will seat you right away, follow me."

Aliyah looked awkwardly as she followed to the table and sat down. She nodded towards the Host would smiled and hurried off. "Tony! You never told me your dad was Antonio Jackson!"

"You never asked." Tony said blankly, picking up a menu.

"Holy smokes! Your dad is like the biggest food critic and chef in the country. You must be loaded then?" She asked trying not to sound like a gold digger. "Uhh not that it matters tho."

"Correction. My dad is loaded. And personally I like Gordon Ramsey better."

"Woah wait, what do you mean your dad is?"

Tony sighed. "Look, when I was maybe 10? Delilah was pretty young and my dad left us. He got remarried and started making a ton of money. He has 3 other kids now and he only cares about his 'new family.' All I got is Delilah and my mom. I haven't spoke to my dad in 3 or 4 months. And I'm completely fine with that. It doesn't matter to me."

Aliyah nodded. "I understand. My dad passed away when I was 6, sometimes I still feel like I can remember but I can't really. My mom remarried as well. 2 years they've been together, her and Mark."

Tony balled his fists under the table. The sheer mention of that mans name made his blood boil. Aliyah's knee brushed against his and his grip loosened. He stared and her before looking down at the menu with a light expression. "I'm so sorry Ali. I had no idea."

"It's okay. But umm I have a question. You were named after your father, yes?"

Tony nodded.

"So then why is his name Antonio and yours Anthony?"

A grin grew largely on his face and he started laughing.

"What!?" Aliyah called with a chuckle.

"Babe, I never told you my name was Anthony. Just were the one who came to that conclusion and I just never said anything cause I thought it was cute."

Aliyah's face reddened immediately. "Oh my God. I'm such a dumbass."

Tony reached across the table and took her hand in his. With a happy smile said, "Don't worry about it. I like you calling me Anthony. I don't really want anything to do with my father."

"Then it's settled, Anthony." She beamed.