Episode 22: On the precipice of conflict

The tall Dewott stared at Leos in rigid silence

The tall Dewott stared at Leos in rigid silence. Annoyed, Leos stepped forward and clicked his teeth, scalchop in hand. "Well? You want it back, don't you?"

"What are you doing here?" Dewott finally replied in his deep tone. Dewott was totally unfazed by Leos' aggression, which only made him get even madder.

"Answer my question first," he said.

"Hmpf. Keep it, it's outdated. And you've read all the embarrassing parts already, anyway," Dewott said with a small smile. He finally folded his arms.

"Wait a minute, diary- is this? Are you Dad?" Prem cried.

"Look at the sword he's carrying. That's the Sword of Earthly Elements," Leos said, pointing at it. The others gasped and joined his side. "What are you doing here? Why did you go missing for all this time?"

"I answered your question, but you now won't answer mine. I didn't realise this was an interrogation," Rune sighed and shut his eyes. "I won't play coy anymore. Stop what you're getting yourself involved in. You won't investigate this any further."

"After coming this far out? Why should I?" Leos raised his voice.

"You're going to accuse the Tapu of the missing body, aren't you?" Rune asked. Leos glanced back at the grave, reminded of the clear evidence he had to it being Tapu Lele's doing. "Think about what you're doing and how it affects others. I'm sure Ariala raised you with that thought process. You'll be putting yourself and many others in more danger than you realise."

"So what, I should just sit here and let them get away with something so callous?" he said.

"You're still a child. You should leave it to the adults," Rune said. Leos showed his teeth now.

"To hell with that! I've known you for less than five minutes and I can already tell that you and Mother are the same," he said. He formed his double-sided Razor Shell. "I'm not going to sit around and do nothing. I'm not a child!"

Rune opened his eyes and hid a deep sigh behind his stoic pose. "Are you going to fight me? Is that your solution?"

"Uh-um, think about this one, Leos. It's not good for family to fight," Prem said.

"Plus, this is Prince Rune we're talking about. I mean, I'd love for the chance to spar with him, but is this really worth it?" Ida added.

"Aren't you guys with me? We're going to stop a war from breaking out our way, no matter who gets in the way," Leos said.

"I like that attitude. Let's give it our best, yeah!" Griselle replied with a bit of a laugh. She posed with her lance. "I still don't have my armour, but I should be alright!"

"I hope you have a plan, my lord," Blossom said, mimicking Leos. Her own double-sided Razor Shell formed from her imaginary scalchop, which glowed with pink energy.