Episode 33: In the Depths of my Heart...

It didn't take long for everything to fall into chaos

It didn't take long for everything to fall into chaos. Rune, Ariala, and their combined armies had their hearts heavy at their situation, but once the public of the outside world saw Zygarde take to the skies, everything fell into true panic. This was on top of the issue that hundreds of dead Pokémon were walking the planets as ghosts, spectres that attacked any living Pokémon they came across.

King Jyararanga sent Altaria messengers to warn everyone to stay in their homes. The castle was opened up as a temporary refuge for nearby Pokémon to stay in so that they wouldn't have to travel, too.

"Despite the efforts of the soldiers, casualties are being reported in increasing numbers in several regions across Eris. The spectres are attacking in great numbers, and entire villages are falling," a Druddigon said, skimming through a stone slab with writing etched into it. "Damage is being extended to Pokémon homes and feral habitats, while the breeding grounds are being completely ravaged. They seem to be targeting anything that isn't a part of the natural landscape."

"Faernia is no better. Queen Magearna and Azu have been evacuating entire cities of Pokémon in a bid to escape the rampaging spectres," an Audino said, reading as well. "Our scouts say they're mostly gathering around areas with Tapu technology, but none have gone near Stardust Treasury."

And then, silence fell. The throne room was filled with Rune and Ariala's army, and a few other soldiers from both planets. But none of them said a word of reply, not even a groan of thought.

"Your Highness. This is a worldwide crisis," Audino said.

"I can tell that," Jyararanga said in a gruff tone. He grumbled something under his breath as he hung his head, then slowly looked back up at the two armies. "All of this was to be expected, though. We will start with any new information we can learn."

"Give us some good news," Nier said. Vincent pinched her.

"You there. You were Master Lin's right hand Pokémon. Can you shed some light on his plan or our current predicament?" Jyararanga said, drawing all eyes to Rosie, the Mimikyu. She was sat by Prem, and yelped when everyone stared.

"There's nothing to tell you, though. Master did what he did, and now we're here," she said.

Rune drew his sword with a loud sigh. "Then you're useless. I might as well go ahead with the execution now."

"Eek! But I- I just got back with my little Prem. You can't—" she said, sliding back.

"If I were you, I wouldn't stall for time. He really will kill you right here and now," Blossom said, arms folded. Rosie made a scared noise. "I can read your mind. If it doesn't come from your mouth, we have no use for you."

"Okay okay, I'll talk, I'll talk! Spectres can only be stopped by defeating the one who summoned them. That would be Lord Marshadow, of course," she said. Beads of sweat leaked through her rag. "But there is another way to stall them. The one power Master Lin always feared was for that reason. Aura bypasses Constellar magic."