Chapter Six

He seemed oddly familiar.

I thought Maybe if could get a closer look I'd remember who he was. I could've just gone home but Lucas was there too.

I couldn't believe he came. I had a tiny hope that he came because of me, but he clearly didn't.

Instead of going home like I'd planned, I ignored the open car door and started walking towards their little group leaving behind the frustrated cries of my valet.

It then occurred to me that I didn't have a reason for approaching them. I could've just talked to Lucas but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want that. We weren't really on good terms.

I kept my head up high strutting my way to them with a confident font. Meanwhile, I was completely freaking out inside.

What would I say? 'Uhh.. I think I know you and I thought if I get a closer look at him I'd remember where , I also am rather really curious about you; So I'd like to know your name to see if it does bring back anything.

And then I would continue ' I'm just curious and before you say curiosity killed the cat I am not a cat so.. yeah! Oh! Hey lucas, long time no see, am I right? Hahaha...'

I swear even awkward Anna would have laughed at me if I ended up having that word vomit.

'You know, to all the badass queens around the world, you are indeed a huge dissapointment' said a tiny voice in my head which a few months ago I never knew existed. But since it came to life, it made it it's hobbie to always nag and critique everything I do.

It went on ' I mean you're supposed to be that confident, sexy, sassy and flirty combo with a pinch of badass and a dash of mean yet here you are thinking up word vomits'.

That was it, I could just flirt my way out of it. Afterall, I was actually a boss at flirting. I mean I couldn't have single handedly dated half the population of guys in my school and other schools while still having an on and then off again relationship with my currently ex boyfriend without having experience. Don't forget the usual one night stands that happen at a lot of parties I attend. Like I'm literally the queen of flirting.

'There you go! for a second I thought you were turning into those godforsaken nerdy girls that are always spitting out word vomits when they are with a guy'.

'Gosh! Me too, turns out you're not as bad as you seem' I stated out loud to inner me. Wow! I am now talking to myself, what the fuck is wrong with me.

That wouldn't have been embarrassing if I wasn't just close enough for them to hear me. All heads turned to look at me and that was the first day ever which I didn't enjoy peoples attention, but sadly I was getting it.

Instead of acting embarrassed and awkward, I settled on starting a conversation. I obviously wasn't going to start one with Lucas, so I turned to the other guy and said:

"Hey, do I know you somewhere?" I paused "you look a lot like my next boyfriend".

To my surprise, Lucas laughed out loud at my pick up line. It felt good to make people genuinely laugh for once.

When they both sobered up I took my chance to introduce myself to him and asked art boy his name. This time he answered saying "I'm Hunter, I didn't really know you had it in you to be cheesy"

I laughed "well, what can I say? People bring out the best in me"

Lucas didn't say anything to me. I could tell he didn't want me there but he should understand that it wasn't my fault.

'That's what she said.' That tiny stupid voice in my head mocked. God I hate it!

Turned out the greek god's name was Aiden and he's a college student. I wondered if he knew Ryder.

Hunter continued bieng a jerk after his introduction. Maybe he was just nice because of the moment but at that time, I didn't care because most of my attention was solely focused on one person only. Lucas. He seemed happy.

I didn't care if I was bieng selfish but I hated him for being happy.

I surprised myself by how much I wanted him to talk me. I never really cared about people that much, at least it had been long since I cared for anyone but Ethan.

They invited me to tag along, they were going to Starbucks for a drink. I agreed because today, unlike anyday I actually have nothing to do. Usually on those days I had some me time where I would go against all my rules and eat every junk food imaginable only to burn it off the next week at the gym.

I worked frigging hard to maintain my body but trust me it's sort of worth it.

Turned out we were going to the Starbucks that I hated going to. It brought back too many memories. They didn't know that but Lucas did. Why didn't it affect him anymore?

When we entered, I couldn't help but steal a glance at Lucas. I caught his eye and offered a small smile, he ignored it then acted like I was a stranger to him.

And God did it hurt.

It hurt so bad.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey lovelies,

New update!! Sorry I was a bit late. I'll be faster next time

So...

There is more mystery.

What is the history between Lucas and Kim?

The artist finally has a name, Yay!

I think I should've revealed it a little later. What do you think?

Please vote, comment, and share. I'd be delighted if you did.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments section.

Byee :-D