Saved from Past Bullies

We pulled into a parking place at Walgreens as Natalya hung up with the doctor's office. "She said at nine-thirty tomorrow morning." She said as I unbuckled Lilah. "Did she say what they were going to do?" "A blood test." I nodded as we walked in. Natalya took Delilah's hand so I could get the buggy and pushed to the frame section. They had all of them except for two of the sizes I needed. "Can I help you?" The woman asked behind the counter. "Yes, can you see if you have this type of frame except smaller?" I asked her. "Sure, just give me one second." "Okay."

While we were waiting, Nat took Delilah to the toy section. "Here you go." "Thank you." I said, and went to find the two goof balls. Then my phone started ringing. "Hello." It was Waylon. "Hey, you're not busy are you?" He asked. "Nope, whatcha need?" "I was wondering how you felt about wearing dresses, drinking wine and talking to people that will probably make you fall asleep." He questioned. "Well, as long as your dress doesn't match mine then we should be fine." I joked. 'It's him.' I mouthed to Nat when she asked me who I was talking to. She gave me a thumbs up.

He chuckled. "I can't make any promises. How does this Saturday sound?" Its two nights away. "That doesn't give me any time to get my hair and nails done plus lose fifty pounds." I laughed. "You would be as thin as a board if you lost fifty pounds. Just come as you are and you'll be fine." He said. "Okay. What time should I be ready?" "Six sharp." He said. "Okay, don't get lost in your hair and end up late." "I'll try not to but I can't say I won't be a minute or two late." He laughed. "Okay, what kind of dress should I wear?" "Anything will be fine. Just don't wear a cup cake on your head; I will pretend not to know you." "Can't make any promise. I'll see you then." I said. "See you then." We hung up.

"What did he say?" Nat asked as we walked back to my car. "He asked me out. Ah man, I forgot to ask where we are going." "Momma has a date!" Delilah screamed. "Shhh and yes I do." I said putting her in her seat. "You know what we have to do now don't you?" Natalya asked me. "Oh no." "Oh yes. Closet raid." I groaned.

"Hey Anna, do you have any dresses that Caylie can barrow?" Natalya asked when Ariyanna answered the phone. "Okay, can we all come to your house? I'm about to call Chloe and Trudy." "Okay, we will be there in a little bit." I shook my head as she squealed. "This is so exciting." "What did she say?" I asked her. "She said sure, Thatcher is out with the boys anyway. I texted Chloe and Trudy and they said they will meet us there." I nodded and turned up the radio.

Ariyanna met Thatcher a year in a half ago and he's perfect for her. He doesn't yell at her, he makes sure she has everything she needs and takes the boys out when she's stressed. He's a good father to Gerard and Jayce; he's going to be a good father to Paislee too. Anna is five months pregnant. She found out two months after their wedding. I'm happy for her.

When we pulled up to her house, Chloe was just getting out of her car. "Can you get Delilah? I can't leave the frames in here." I asked Nat. "Sure." I picked up the frames and opened the door for Chloe; she had a huge bag with hangers sticking out of the top. "I'm officially scared." I commented as I saw the dresses on Anna's bed. "Here's more." Trudy said laying her pile on the bed. Can't back out now.

"So what exactly did he say?" Trudy asked. "He wanted to know how I felt about wearing dresses, drinking wine, and talking to people that might make you fall asleep. I told him as long as he didn't wear the same dress as me it would be fine." They laughed. "How about this one?" Anna asked, holding up a very short dress. "I don't want to show my behind on our first date." I told her. She chuckled. "Okay, for the second one then." She said putting it to the side. I shook my head.

We went through twenty-seven dresses before we finally found it. It's a light blue dress that fades into white on some parts of the dress. It has a grey glittery, inch wide string that ties around my neck. "Wow." They said. "Really?" "Hot momma." Nat and Delilah say at the same time. "Excuse me?" They both pointed at each other. I giggled "You think so?" Everyone nodded. "Okay. What kind of shoes should I wear?" I asked. "I have just what you need."Anna said going to her closet.