Chapter 5: Landed

Adrien and his father always flew first class when he conducted business away from home, often stringing Adrien along for photo-shoots all over different parts of the world, but despite the comfort it was paid to bring Adrien couldn't relax knowing he was so close to home.

The flight hostess walked towards him, pushing a trolley filled with different bottles of wine, ice cubes and expensive, crystal glasses. "Good morning, Sir. Would you like anything to drink?"

He leaned closer to the trolley and eyed the labels anxiously. He pointed to a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and smiled. "That one, if you wouldn't mind." She nodded, pulled the bottle from the top and ducked down for a glass.

"Would you like ice with that or –," Adrien grabbed the bottle from her outstretched hand and twisted the cap off with his forearm. It fell onto the carpet quietly and he took a gulp, the alcohol burning as it ran down his throat.

Wiping his mouth, Adrien smiled back up at her and tried his hardest to fight the shameful blush creeping up his neck. "This is fine thank you."

The hostess looked appalled and moved slowly after that, eyeing him worriedly as she pushed the trolley to the next row of passengers a few seats behind him.

Plagg snickered from inside his jacket and peered his head out, "I know you feel guilty and all, but this hardly looks like a punishment."

"I can't help it," he grumbled, taking another sip from the bottle. He sighed and sunk back into the chair, "All I can think about is how they'll react when they see me. I mean, I know I phoned Nino to tell him I was coming over, but he didn't exactly sound thrilled to hear from me."

"Didn't the air head already say she's coming to pick you up?" asked Plagg.

Adrien huffed, "Don't talk about Chloe like that. I know she's not the nicest person, but she's been really good to me, especially considering how I just took off." He eyed the bottle of white wine, thinking back to all the time he'd spent with Chloe as a child.

He was there for her, even more so when her mother abandoned her, and she'd returned the favor when his own mother was no longer a part of his life –when she'd died.

"She's a really good friend," he mumbled.

Plagg gave him a pointed look and crossed his arms over his tiny chest. "From my understanding that's not what she thinks she is. Remember all the times she tried to feel you up? I had to dodge her hand every time it moved up your shirt. Do you know how hard that was?"

"How can I forget?" he muttered, "You keep reminding me?"

"I'm glad that other girl always came when she did. It was really considering biting her ugly looking nails." Adrien didn't know whether Plagg was serious or acting like his usual self, but images of Marinette immediately flooded his mind.

She was always so good to him, going out of her way to him a Christmas present and giving him her lucky charm the time of the tournament. She was kind, considerate and sweet –at least the times she was actually around him.

All the guys in class seemed to like her at one point or another and Adrien couldn't help but wonder whether or not she was seeing someone new.

Plagg snuggled back into Adrien's chest and groaned. "How long is this flight anyway? We've been flying for hours."

"Don't exaggerate," he replied, "It won't be that long." And that's what scared Adrien most.

He took another sip from the bottle to numb his nerves and Plagg perked up suddenly, pushing against his chest and staring at the bottle in surprise. "I just realized something," he said, "Doesn't wine usually come with cheese?"