Chapter Two: Is It A Date?

((Wow! This chapter is unedited! A lot! So, reader, beware! There are probably a lot of errors and what not, but I really wanted to get this out now, since I it heavily depends on the first chapter, and vice versa. So! Here we are! Chapter number two!))

(Lukas' PoV)

I fuckin' hated it when that kid stared at me. He was so weird... So tiny and frail and weird! He made me uncomfortable! At least no one noticed that, though. I was good at hiding shit like that. Over the years I had learned how to take my discomfort, self-consciousness, and insecurities, and turn them into something better. Like rage. And aggression, and force... Maybe those weren't really great traits to have all the time, but they were much better than feeling insecure. And Aiden was the one kid that really made me feel insecure. I was never really sure why, but I always had my suspicions. Really, it was probably because he was so... True to himself. And genuine. And junk like that. He was the first openly gay student at our school, and he didn't let the stereotypes get to him. Nor did he let the cliques bother him, or the treatment he got from myself, or my friends. Shit, my friends and I treated him like garbage, but he was just so... Resilient! At least, he made it appear that way. And all of that just bugged me! It was bugging me right now, and that really didn't help... What with being in class and all. There was no way I could get rid of this anger slowly welling up inside of me while just sitting here, so I had to think of something else, quick. But it was just so difficult to do so! Especially with the way that little prick had acted this morning! Staring at me. Where does he get off! God, it gave me the willies! I hated it when he looked at me. With those wide, puppy eyes behind those ridiculous, thick glasses. He made me feel so insecure, and the staring just made it worse. Like he could hear my thoughts or knew my secrets or.... Something like that. He knew something. And it made me uncomfortable.

"Lukas."

What was even his deal?? Why did he have to act like that in high school? Didn't he know everyone was supposed to be fake as hell in high school? That was how people survived this crap hole!

"Mister Cage."

Never had I met someone like him. Someone so true to himself no matter what. I almost felt bad for wailing on him so often, but... So creepy... Now not only was I mad, but I was torn. And that made me even more mad! God! No one at this school bothered me as much as Aiden did, and he barely even spoke to me!

"Mister Lukas G Cage."

There was a loud slapping noise near me, something like an object connecting with my desk. Jolting awake and out of my thoughts, my eyes traveled over in the direction of the noise. It was something hitting my desk. A book. I looked up to see my teacher staring at me expectantly. Oh, great. Was this fucking 'Stare at Lukas Day' cause I missed the friggin' memo!

"What??" I snapped, tanned arms crossing over my chest. My teacher squinted at me, looking displeased.

"Answer the question," he hissed, a slimy smirk slithering onto his face. I looked towards the board. Empty. I looked down at my own open text book. This was the page we had been on ten minutes ago. I was lost. I looked up at him, who looked to be pleased with the situation. As if I was some kind of rat in a trap. I definitely would have clocked this guy, if he wasn't, like, my teacher and shit...

"Seems like your teaching style hasn't really kept my interest. I have no idea where we are or what we're doing." I heard a few brave souls snicker at what I had said, though most everyone else was just staring at the teacher and myself with wide eyes. They all leaned in to see what was going to happen next. My teacher, who seemed like he hadn't exacted that kind of answer, straightened himself up. He walked back towards the front of the class and pulled a bright pink slip from a drawer in his desk. He replaced the book in his other hand with a pen, and jotted something down before holding it out to me, expecting me to come up and grab it. "Here's a hall pass. Have fun in the principal's office, Cage." I smirked. "Jee, thanks. I've been wishing for something to get me the hell out of this class!" I chirped. I shoved everything into my backpack in one fell swoop before slinging it over my shoulder. Sauntering over to my teacher, I snatched the sheet from him, gave him a lazy salute, and strutted out of class.