I love you too

Stiles smiled and lowered his gun when he saw Kate Argent laying on the ground in defeat, and Derek standing over her.

His electric blue eyes bore into hers. Kate's face that usually held a nasty grin was now a tight grimace that was caked with mud and blood.

Derek on the other hand a wicked smile that unsettled Stiles.

Derek turned his head to look back at Stiles and his smile morphed into the one he was used to seeing. More hidden, just the corner of his lips curled up loosely.

It was then that Kate made one last feeble attempt. Her right arm raised weakly into the air with her pistol shaking tremendously.

  In a flash Stiles had his own gun up and aimed. He shot her hand and she dropped the gun with a muffled groan.

  Sure Stiles could have just warned him, but hey, if Derek can show off so can he.

  Derek turned his head to see what Stiles had done only to knock Kate out cold before walking over to him, eyes still flashing, fangs still bared.

  Stiles had to admit that he was intimidated. Stiles and Derek were kinda a thing. Stiles wasn't sure if Derek considered them dating or not but they shared moments every now and then. Like tonight.

  When Derek had made it to Stiles he kept walking, knowing that Stiles would start stepping back. Stiles flinched when his back hit the scratchy bark of a tree.

  Stiles was worried that either his legs would give or he would piss himself. Although he hoped that neither would happen.

  They both stood there, motionless and staring into each other's eyes. Stiles got an idea and smirked.

  He had no idea how much Derek and wolf was there, so that made Stiles nervous yet excited.

  He tilted his head up and to the side in submission and waited. That seemed to be what Derek was waiting for because a second later Stiles felt Derek flush against him, Derek's lips on Stiles neck.

  He worked his way up to Stiles mouth and Stiles wrapped his hands in Derek's hair.

  Stiles felt Derek's hand slide from his shoulder, to his waist and pull him even closer. The full moon cast a perfect shadow over the two of them as Derek worked his way back down from Stiles lips to his neck.

  His hands went to Stiles belt buckle and he stopped momentarily and looked at Stiles, asking silently for permission. Stiles nodded and Derek started unbuckling only to stop himself.

  He pulled away from Stiles and backed up a few steps. "I'm sorry, it's the moon. Stiles we need to take care of Kate and you are going to stop me if I start to do anything crazy okay? I can't think clearly."

  Stiles opened his mouth to protest but Derek stopped him by putting his hand to his cheek. "Please Stiles."

  Stiles closed his mouth and nodded. How could he say no? Especially when Derek said please, he never says please. Like ever.

  Derek bent down and kissed Stiles on the forehead before turning back to the snake on the ground.

  Before he could stop himself Stiles blurted, "what are we?"

  Derek was dragging Kate quite carelessly and hesitated, "what do you mean?"

  Stiles felt himself sigh before working up a little more nerve, "you know what I mean."

  It was then Derek's turn to sigh, "Stiles, do we have to have this conversation right now?"

   "Yes, we do actually because I probably won't have to balls to bring it up again after right now." Stiles said, leaning back against a tree, his back rigid.

  Derek dropped Kate and ran a hand down his face. "What do you want us to be?" He questioned, his voice soft.

  "I-I want us to be together. Like boyfriends or whatever."

  Derek nodded and looked back at Kate. "Stiles, give me a few minutes to take care of her. Okay? And I'll be back and we'll talk about this."

  Stiles felt something grow in the pit of his stomach, but nonetheless he nodded and let Derek go.

  So there he was, back against a tree in the dark woods. Sweating. Even though it was pretty cool outside, and a little embarrassed.

  Why did he have to bring up him and Derek's relationship? Derek probably isn't going come back. It's going to be over. All because Stiles couldn't keep his mouth shut. Damn.

  Stiles's head snapped up when he heard a stick snap. It was dark and he couldn't see anything. Footsteps sounded to his right and Stiles turned to face them, his gun forgotten at his hip.

  It was probably Derek trying to scare him. Or maybe it wasn't. "Derek?" He tried, his voice hoarse. No answer.

  "Okay, don't panic Stiles. Panicking is not what we're do-" He got cut off by another branch snapping.

  He took a breath and backed against a tree and waited. Silence. Stiles could hear his heartbeat and tried to calm himself.

  A weight pressed him to the tree and Stiles couldn't suppress a scream. A hand cupped his mouth and Stiles squeezed his eyes shut.

  When he opened his eyes he was staring into those familiar electric blue ones. He sighed relief but that was short lived when he remembered what he said to him.

  Derek moved his hand from Stiles's mouth and pressed his forehead to Stiles's. Derek's hands came to cup his face. "We can be whatever you want us to be, I-I'm terrible with relationships. I don't want to label us because I don't want something to happen to you."

  Stiles shuddered when Derek's thumb brushed across his cheek, and for the first time in Stiles's life, he was speechless.

  "Derek," his voice came out breathless but Derek shook his head. "Stiles. I don't want- I can't let anything happen to you. I thought I could stay away. But I can't, not from you."

  Stiles felt his knees shake beneath him as he opened his eyes to try and study Derek's face. Stiles grabbed Derek's hands and leaned in for a kiss.

  Derek opened his eyes to look at Stiles then moved to deepen the kiss.

Stiles pulled away, breathless to study Derek, "I think I'm in love with you."

Derek's eyes widened and he kissed Stiles before murmuring, "I love you too."

_______________•_______•_____________

I've literally been working on this for like a month and had no idea how to finish it so sorry that the ending sucks????? Also thank you all for the 2k reads! Please comment any ideas for another!♥️