The sun begins to shine on me

A few weeks later, I arrived at school, thin and beaten.I went to my locker and put my stuff inside, I wanted to run, to keep moving further away.

Sapphire came up to me with a smile but it soon dropped to the floor, tears emerging in her eyes, as she saw me.

She took me to the head, I told him everything, the neglect the abuse, sapphire held my hand. Tears flowing down her face along with my own, the pain I hid away all my life burst out, I wanted to die, my heart ached,my lungs exhausted, my stomach yearned for food.

The head called social services, and the nurse, I went where I was took in a daze,I was checked over, I showed bruises and scars, she weight me and measured me. She gave me a drink of water and then called for the chef to cook a meal for me.

The food came an hour later, I ate loads and all the whole sapphire stayed with me.

###

Sapphire's mum offered for me to stop there for a while,until I got better.

I started to pur on weight and heal.I still cried myself to sleep but sapphire stayed with me till I fell asleep.

Many nights I awoke in a sweat,as nightmares attacked me.

Two years on and Sapphire's mum adopted me, I had my own bedroom, clothes,New bags and shoes, I felt loved for once.

Sapphire and I were really close now, she knew when ibqas sad and she cheered me up the best she could.

My parents were arrested and were not allowed to have a child, they were put on the sex offenders register and went on many parenting courses but failed.

School was better I gained more friends, everyone knew what had happened by local papers and the news, my bullies apologized and we soon became close too.

I woke up one morning with a smile on my face.I jumped on my bed and laughed for the first time.

Sapphire's p.o.v

I hadn't seen Christy in ages,I saw her at her locker, I smiled but then I noticed how miserable and thin she looked,I had to do something.

I felt so emotional.

Everything happened so quickly, but I stayed with her the whole time.

Two years on she is better and looks beautiful and hapoy again.I love her so much but after what she's been through she needs time and I'll be waiting.

Her parents will be put on death row soon but she doesn't know yet, the letter came this morning.

I walked up stairs to hear her laughing guilt and anxiety whirled around but I had to tell her.

"hey"She sat on the bed, I joined her.

"hey I have some news for you...your parents have been put on death ...row"

She smiled and then laughed so much she started crying.I hugged her.

"this is the best news I've had in ages"

"I thought it might be" She hugged me.

I wanted to say I loved her right then but I couldn't not yet.

"Sapphire, I need to tell you something, I've been keeping it in"

"what is it"nerves churned in my stomach.

"I'm lesbian, and I love you..." She blushed and I kissed her, it was powerful and her lips so soft.

I stopped and whispered "I love you too"

We kissed longer and then laughed...