Chapter 25 - Should I title this chapter 'Yes Homo?"

Lance could only describe it as being swept into a tornado, of not knowing if you were passing through the storm or if you were the storm, but then... it was still. Lance dared to stop kissing Keith, dared to stop hungrily trying to devour his soul through his lips so Lance could keep him with him always, he dared to stop (even though it killed him to pull away) so he could look at what they were dealing with.... You know, see what oblivion looked like.

"Keith!" said Lance, rocketing to his feet, dragging his make-out buddy up with him. "Look! It's our stars!" The night sky was clear. Gone were the hazy ghost-like figures of their past and now there was only fresh air, wide open space, and a pair of red and blue stars shining brightly in the sky.

"Our stars?" asked Keith, looking up to where Lance was pointing.

"Well, yeah," said Lance, scratching the back of his head and blushing. "Isn't that what you thought when you saw the red and the blue?"

"My lion's black now," said Keith.

"Yeah, but you still wear red armor and also you can't have a black star because it would be invisible."

Keith was looking at Lance now and Lance couldn't figure out how to read what that face was until Keith said, "You literally think we have stars together in the astral plane?"

Oh no... Was Lance being too eager too soon? Had they not just been kissing? Weren't they into each other? Was that not what all of this was about?

Lance's panic seemed to amuse Keith who smiled and said, "Why you so obsessed with us?"

"So we are an us," said Lance, breathing a sigh of relief. "Okay, that's good to know."

"Lance," said Keith, sincerely. "You just saved me from... disappearing. Yeah, there's an us." Keith took Lance by the hand. We're talking full on palm on palm contact. Hardcore finger entwining.

Lance marveled at how this simple gesture made his heart soar. Then Keith did this thing where he used one of his fingers to scratch the center of Lance's palm. Lance felt electricity shoot from his hand down to his toes. Quiznak, was hand holding always this sensual?

"You play it really close to the chest," said Lance. "I didn't even know you were gay."

"I didn't know you were bi."

"No one knew."

"Except Shiro."

Lance felt confused. "No, he doesn't."

"You talked to him about it," said Keith, annoyed.

"Yeah, but I cleverly covered it up. He didn't know who I was talking about."

Keith gave Lance a 'you can't be this dumb' look. Oh, how Lance loved those special looks Keith saved just for him. But why was he getting this one now?

"Shiro knows."

"Like... through gaydar?" asked Lance.

"You are so lucky you're pretty," said Keith, shaking his head.

"Keith thinks I'm pretty," sing-songed Lance.

"And you think I'm... grizzled was it?" asked Keith.

"Yeah and it works on you and I'm here for it," said Lance, using his free hand to gesture to Keith's entire body.

"And at what point did you become... here for this?" asked Keith, curious.

"Like, when did I start liking you?" asked Lance with a blush. "Maybe since the Garrison, but I didn't figure out it was a crush until recently. I didn't really know why I wanted your attention so much. When did you, you know, figure out you wanted a piece of Lancey Lance?"