♀the girl who cared

C H A P T E R 10

"Alice is a nice name."

HIS CHOSEN GIRL(II)[YOUR P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL(II)
[YOUR P.O.V]

"Polly? Or. . . Genevieve? Madeleine?"

I stand bored at the end of the lengthy spiral staircase, the one that leads to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, concentrating deeply on the large spider that crawled around my hand. Attempting to get a feel for her personality so I can pick out a fitting name.

Was I mental for doing so? Undoubtedly. Was I going to continue to do so to get my mind off the worse class I've experienced in my four years at Hogwarts? Most definitely.

Truth be told spiders give me the heebie jeebies but I made a point back there in that classroom, at least I tried to. . . I don't exactly know what point I was trying to make. Forget it, the whole action was probably pointless.

I put the spider onto the ground. "I guess your free to go now," but the stupid spider didn't budge. In fact, it kept trying to crawl up my leg. "Look itsy bitsy, you better run before that Mad-Eyed moron finds you and drags you back up there for another demo."

Nothing.

I sighed and bent back down again sticking my hand out. The spider immediately darted back into my hand.

"You know I'm not really a fan of your kind. It's nothing personal I've never really liked them. In my second year I nearly got eaten alive by a bunch of them. I've got an owl, she's pretty great so I'm not really looking for another pet right now you know?"

I smiled when the spider turned to face me as if she was really listening to me.

"What I did back there was just the right thing to do. Torturing something, even something as meaningless as a spider, OW! No need to bite you didn't let me finish. Should have to endure the Imperius curse or worse for the purpose of showing us three spells that will get us locked up in Azkaban if we ever actually use them."

Wait a second, no one, not even a spider, should have to endure these murderous curses to show how bad they are because you will never understand how bad they truly are until you or someone you love has been the test spider who's had to experience them.

I looked to the spider excitedly. "I knew I made a point."

"Are you okay, Riddle?"

I turned quickly to see Draco and his sidekicks looking at me with slight worry. Well, Draco looked at me with slight worry, Crabbe and Goyle looked at me with judgement.

"Uh, yeah of course I'm okay, I am just, I'm just talking. . . to a spider."

Draco gave me a different look. "No. . . that wasn't what I-Crabbe, Goyle, go to the grand hall, I'll meet you there in a minute."