♀ the girl who was punched

C H A P T E R 11

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Rain has always calmed me down. Ever since I was a child and I would watch the raindrops pelt down against my bedroom window. I used to pick two and place my bets on which one would get to the bottom of the window sill first. It's a habit I've kept to date; and as I focused on the sound of the rain, all of the chatter from the loud students behind me seemed to fade further and further away. 

Today, all anyone seemed to be talking about was the announcing of the Triwizard champions, set to take place this evening. This meant that now would be your last opportunity to submit your name into the goblet.

Said goblet had been moved to the centre of the hall, specially for tonight's festivities, and there was now a thick, white ring of light that circled around it on the castle floor. Hermione had explained to me that it was an age line, its task to prevent underage wizards from entering the tournament.

As I finally abandon the relaxing rain, and allow myself to become in check with my surroundings, I hear an outburst of cheers from behind me. Wincing and involuntarily raising my hands to cover my ears, it takes me a moment to get used to the noise. I hadn't known that I was that skilled at tuning things out, but it's good to know I suppose. Scanning the hall, trying to find the source of the excitement, I happen to locate it, or should I say him, rather quickly.

Cedric Diggory smiles and looks down at his feet as if he's embarrassed that all eyes are on him, but I just have a feeling that he secretly loves it.

His loud friends continue cheering and shouting small phrases of encouragement. They want him to submit his name.

He stands before the age line and I watch him curiously, wondering if the Hufflepuff heartthrob has enough bravery to risk his life for glory.

I then clap along respectively with the rest of the students in the hall as Cedric Diggory proves that he does, in fact, have that bravery.

His eyes meet mine and I nod slowly at him, raising my hands and clapping louder than I was before. A simple acknowledgement, one I would not have done had I not met him earlier this year. He chuckles at me before doing a dramatic bow in return.

Cedric then turns to leave and I watch as he exits with his friends, who haven't gotten any quieter might I add. I notice an eager hand spring up for a high five to which Cedric walks right past and I can't help but chuckle.

Brutal.

My chuckle turns into a laugh as I recognize the face behind the hand and walk over to him.