Everything You Know Is Wrong

"My name is Hubertus. I am an angel of the lord."

"Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up. There's no way in Hades that could be possible." Thalia stumbled backwards, nearly knocking poor Ùna over into a stream.

Rubbing her silver bracelet, she stood back up as the charm around her wrist turned from a seemingly cheap, silver knick-nack into a gargantuan celestial bronze shield, embellished with the most terrifying depiction of Medusa in existence. Seeing this, Hubertus did no more than blink in silent suprise.

Sighing, the one who claimed to be an angel stepped forward, holding his hands above his head to show that he didn't plan on hurting anyone. His face was gentle, nothing like the monster who had pointed a gun at a small girl just minutes before.

Once again, Thalia had to keep Mija from attacking the poor man. There was definitely something up with her today.

Sighing once more, Hubertus finally spoke "Dear girl, it is all too possible."

Thalia scoffed "Sir, I've met the gods. I know Hades. I have friends that have literally been through Hell and back."

"But that doesn't prove-"

Thalia felt a sudden, uncalled for surge of anger fill her. "My baby brother just got a one way ticket to Eslyum! I know how the afterlife works! There are no angels!"

Hubertus' eyes widened as the huntress said that last sentence in his face. Exhaling, he placed a hand on each of her shoulders. A bright blue light then emitted from his hands, and Thalia immediately relaxed.

"Is everything out of your system?" The stranger asked in a calm, soothing voice. "I- Yeah." Thalia sat in the grass, staring intently at the tall man in front of her.

"It's no surprise that you see things this way. The best way to explain it is through the wise words of a powerful valkyrie I once met. 'The gods are powerful beings, yes. But are they the almighty creator? Absolutely not. "

He then sat down next to her "We in heaven enjoy our privacy, so we don't really mind that there are halfbloods all throughout the world that believe us to be only a myth. Now, my girl. Are you willing to listen?"

Thalia nodded, then waved her hand, signaling the hunters to return to their tents until further notice. "There. Now their brains won't be broken like mine just was. Not cool, dude."

Hubertus chuckled. Then, his face was suddenly washed in seriousness with a touch of true terror. "Tell me, Miss Grace, what are you hunting?"
👁👁👁👁
Sorry if this was short again, I just wanted to finish this before my therapy session. Depression is fun. Anywho, the plot will pick up soon, I swear! I just had to get through all of this crap too. Thank you for reading!