(FireFall) Winner Takes It All

A/N: Guess who decided to post? Me! Oof review please I'll go back to edit later. It's based off of (very loosely) Mamma Mia and I'll probably go back to it but here you go! Please love me.

Jim smiled softly at the wedding percussion making there way up the hill. Brenda's arm was wrapped tightly around Jack's. Alice was shaking with nerves. He could see his sister trying to catch sight of her soon to be wife. Jenny wasn't fairing much better. Thankfully, Isami and Belen were doing a good job with distracting her and Abby was chatting Alice's ear off. However, Alice was immune to Abby related incidents. Everybody was happy. His eyes burned and he took in a sharp breath.

"Jim." His shoulder tense and he slowly tilts his head over his shoulder. It was John, Jim keeps his head firmly locked ahead.

"Can we talk?"

"No, I need to get to my sister's wedding."

"It'll be quick."

"Let me rephrase it then-" With that Jim turns to face John firmly. His heart acks. John looks so good. He wants to hide in John's arms and never leave. Brunette hair fringed to the side and smoldering green eyes. The same smoldering green eyes Jim had falling in love with so many years ago. He forced himself to focus and swallows.
"I don't want to talk."

"Jim...." John voice is weak and Jim gives a bigger chuckle. He bunkers low to himself. He reaches forward to grab John. Then he thinks better of it. They both stare down at one another.

"I don't want to go through the things we went through it hurts, but it's hurts now. I've played my cards and I know you have to. Neither of us have an ace to play and nothing to say. You won this. Congratulations." Pain flashes in John's eyes and he grabs Jim's hand. Pulling Jim flush against his chest he breaths in tightly.

"No. No! It wasn't a game for either of us! I know you know this. God, Jim." Jim stays still and he cries his tears soaking John's suit jacket. A part of him is bitter. Why couldn't John just leave him alone? Jim couldn't handle another heartbreak. He couldn't do this not anymore. He was tired of standing next to John in his victory has the loser. If he wants to be honest he might as well get it all out.

"I once thought I belonged in your arms. I thought I could build a home in your arms. I could be strong, only now do I realize that I was. Gods are in charge of this and they don't care. Not about you or me. Somebody loses something dear to them." Know he forces himself out of John's arm. It's so hard but he has to. He takes a shaky breath.

"Somebody wins it all and the loser has to fall. It's simple and plain so why should I complain? But I have to know? Does your lover treat you like I do. Is the kissing the same? How about when your name is called? Don't you know I still miss you?" John doesn't like seeing Jim so defeated. His heart aches and he want to reach out and bring Jim close to his chest again. After he left Jim he never loved again. He could never get over Jim. Jim was in tears.

"So, the game is on again? Lover or friend?" With that Jim turns sharply on his heel. He can't handle with anymore and he has to be there for his sister. John watches Jim leave. He longs to reach out but he doesn't. He knows better.

Lover or friend? Jim's question hung heavy in his head. John knew the answer he wanted but he wasn't sure if Jim agreed. No matter what John would win him back. He had to. Jim was his everything. Straighten his back he slowly trudged up the hill to join the wedding.