The thrill of the chase

Bus life was intimate, constantly stuck in each others faces - a tin can full of boy-sweat and raging hormones that shouldn't be natural and most of the bands on the chaos tour were ready to give up tour-life for good after a solid three months of the same old shit but the My Chem boys weren't like that, they had this family unit that couldn't be wavered. It was a mixture of the Way brothers, a hero and his side-kick - an artistic flair and his more serious, brain-box of a little brother. It was Ray and Bob, the more quieter - intense types - Ray the musical genius, probably had the solution to world peace buried somewhere in his curls and Bob, he was silent but deep - had this sort-of shyness where he'd look grumpy to the outside world but was the most loving guy behind the scenes.

Then there was Frank, he was the life of the party - this hyperactive pocket-rocket with big curious eyes and a punk rock attitude, somewhere between being an actual toddler and a smooth, smart-mouthed cocky guy who knew exactly what he wanted and how to get it. That's what made him work so well with Gerard, they had their own brand of aggressive flirting that had outsiders stuck between whether they were joking or serious, and only they would know the truth. Frank thought nothing of rubbing his hardened crotch over the back of Gerard's jeans while he sang to thousands of people. The crowd went wild and so did the conspiracies and talks of secret relationships and fandom shipping.

It was weird because they didn't have that awkwardness that should come with such intimacy, they just rode through it like it was natural and the other boys on the bus had grown accustomed to it - barely batting an eyelid when Gerard - blowing cold air over his hot coffee - caused Frank to come out with "If you wanna blow something so badly, come blow me" - it was just normal now, this carefree banter that edged on something more serious, they fell into it so easily.

"So what's the main point of all this, are you just having fun or?" the K! interviewer pressed, wagging her finger between the two of them as they sat on the couch, thighs pressed together comfortably.

"We're just having fun aren't we?" Frank shrugged, looking over at Gerard who had a curious look on his face "There's no like, underlying goal or anything - we're just really comfortable together and it flows easily y'know, no harm"

Gerard glanced down to his hands, picking nervously at his nails before looking up at the expectant interviewer and for a second Frank's swallowing a lump in his throat because he thinks he's gonna blurt out something pansy like he wants to fucking marry him or something and Frank doesn't know what to do with that kind of information. The fear shows on his face as he waits for Gerard to speak, he's freaking out in silence for the whole twenty seconds before Gerard darts his tongue to wet his dry, chapped lips as he opens his mouth to speak.

"I just.. I really want Frank to uh-.." He glances over at him before breaking out of his act and smirking because he knows he's got Frank all choked up and nervous, he's taking a sip of water just to cool his reddened cheeks down "I just really wanna sit on his dick, y'know?"

It's at that moment that Frank spits his drink everywhere, near-enough showering the interviewer with his saliva as he turns incredulously to Gerard and shrieks out a response.

"Fuck Gee! I thought you were gonna confess your undying love, what the fuck?!" and he's slapping at his arm as he groans because, fuck - he really had him for a second.

Gerard's laughing breathlessly, a faint wheeze emerging from his throat because Frank looked fucking terrified and that's going to be leverage he's going to use for at least the next six months.

"Your face!" Gerard snorts, as Frank rubs a hand over his face, burning with embarrassment because he's not used to being on the opposite end of a pretty fucking good prank.