Chapter 35: Maya

Nick and I stretched across my bed. It was almost too small for him, I had to lay on top of him for us to both fit comfortably. I wasn't complaining, but Nick had a lot to say about it.

"I think you need a new bed," Nick said making his chest vibrate against my cheek.

"My bed is new," I said looking up at him.

"A bigger bed, then," he said tracing his fingers up and down my spine.

"I didn't think I would be sharing it with anyone when I bought it." Before Nick came along I didn't think I wanted to be with anyone--ever. I thought it would be too much headache, and that has proven to be true. But also the best thing ever.

"I can buy you one," he offered.

"Don't," I protested. "Don't even think about it."

"But why not? Look at my feet." I looked at his feet that hung off the edge of my bed. "I feel like a giant."

I rolled my eyes. "If you have complaints you can always go home and sleep in the bed that you do fit in," I suggested, but not really meaning it.

He pulled me closer placing a kiss on my forehead. "But you wouldn't be there."

"I guess you should stop complaining then," I smiled as he kissed the crook of my neck. He made some sort of grumbling sound that I took as an agreement. He rolled us over and started to trail kisses from neck down to my chest. I closed my eyes enjoying his attention, but I couldn't stop thinking about when he told me he loved me.

"Nick," I breathed.

"Yes," he said against my skin.

"Will you say it again?"

He looked up at me. His hair was a mess his blond tresses going in every direction, but the dark circles under his eyes had practically disappeared. "Say what again?"

"You know..." I said bashfully. "What you said before." I don't know why the thought of him telling me he's in love with me is so embarrassing. Maybe I should get some help.

"Can you be more specific?" he asked.

"You know when you told me that you loved me."

"Oh," he said catching on.

I nodded.

He sat up, pulling away from me slightly. I wanted him to come back instantly. "Do you want me to say it again?"

"I think so," I said. "I want you to say it to me so I can say it back."

He smirked. "You told me you loved me enough times while you were drunk to last me a lifetime."

"Well, I want a do-over now that I'm sober. " I cringed when I thought back on what Nick told me about our drunken phone call. Alcohol seems to be a truth elixir for me, because all the things I said were true. I do love Nick. And I do think he is the most beautiful boy in the world. But I wish I wouldn't have told him how I was crying, because that's just embarrassing.

"Hmmm," he sighed. "I don't know if I want to."

I pushed him back sitting up in bed. "What do you mean you're not sure if you want to?"

"Ow, Maya," he laughed. "I was just kidding of course I'll say it again."

I folded my arms across my chest. "Don't say things like that."

He pulled me to his chest. "I'm sorry. When would you like me to tell you I love you again?"

"Can you say it right now?" I asked looking up at him.