Part One: The Meeting

Chapter Song: Toui Sora He 

And the darkness surrounds him with no end in sight; capturing and trapping his senses in a way that held little hope for escape. He feels the darkness claw at his throat—hands wrapping around his skin and digging into his very being. He feels suffocation and agony in this darkness.

Yet, instead of fighting the abyss...

He embraces it.

He embraces it with open arms because the two people he loved most in this world are now gone.

And there's just simply nothing left to live for.

~*~

Part One: The Meeting

The soft sound of pitter patter lulled the young man from his peaceful slumber. Dual-colored eyes blinked at the ceiling above, adjusting to the subtle brightness that filtered in through the single window. His eyes scanned the small room, bouncing from the brown dresser, to the burnt-out candle still lit over the low table. He could hear the quiet sound of rain outside the cabin, and he welcomed the peaceful noise.

A soft hum caught his attention. Heterochromia eyes flickered to the girl laid beside him, surprising the young man for only a split second. His brows raised, dry mouth parted as he took in her bare figure lying so peacefully beside him.

Her head rested on the single pillow, hair scattered around her in an almost angelic manner. Her eyes remained closed, full lashes fawning over delicate skin. His eyes trailed past her full lips, ignoring the strong urge to feel them against his own once more before he reached the slender outline of her swan-like neck.

A heat rose to his expression when he caught sight of her soft skin littered with hues of red and purple. A line of teeth marks accompanied the small bruises, further pushing the heat that climbed his neck.

He returned his gaze to the oak ceiling. Memories of the previous night played in his mind, reminding him of just how intoxicating it had felt to hold her in his arms for the very first time. He glanced back down to her briefly before looking back to the ceiling. Her body had felt so delicate underneath his own. Her skin as soft as silk, and as beautiful as a porcelain doll. Her full lips, swollen from the many bites and hungry kisses he'd left, called his name until the early hours of dawn.

Another hum fell from her lips and as he turned to look at her once more; a swelling sensation grew in his chest. He felt so utterly full at that moment; a happiness that seemed it would never be matched by anything else. When the woman he'd come to love so endlessly laid in his arms, what else could he possibly ask for?

She shifted over the bedding, turning her weight to lay on her side; back now facing the young man. Her head remained over his forearm, but he couldn't complain. Instead, he took this opportunity to move closer to her.

He reached his free arm around her bare figure, pressing her closer until her back snuggled comfortably against his chest. Protesting moans escaped her lips, but any sign of waking her sleeping figure soon vanished once Shoto buried his face into the soft strands of her hair; inhaling her intoxicating scent. His free arm rested over her hip, hand against her stomach as he allowed the welcoming call of sleep to overtake his senses once more.

~*~

A panic rose in his chest when he'd woken several hours later to find an empty bed. He felt his heart begin to race as he rose from the futon, searching around the room for any signs of the woman that held his heart.

"(Y/N)?" He called, desperate to hear a response through the small cabin. His eyes glanced down to the silver band around his finger, helping only to numb the anxiousness that stirred in his chest. He closed his eyes, exhaling softly. The rain had stopped by this point, and through the white blinds of the bedroom's window; heavy grey clouds filled the skies of Hakone.