Part Two: The Love I Hold For You

Warning: Full NSFW scene.

Also, I have no clue how Shinto weddings work.

Chapter Song: This song from AOT that I don't really know the name of but it's beautiful af

~*~

The faint chimes of bells rung throughout the small expanse of the Shinto shrine. Behind the maidens clad in red and white robes, dozens of figures followed the promised couple as they slowly made their way to the shrine's main building.

Small patches of opaque white sat over stone tiling. The air itself held a crisp bitterness, finally giving way to February's harsher climates. Thankfully, the heavy robes clad over the bride and groom were enough to keep them warm. Most of the guests were dressed in formal attire, so only a few dared to complain of the cold weather that came with the winter season.

The sound of mumbled chatter traveled from behind the young hero. Megumi and Rei were quietly gushing over (Y/N)'s attire, with most of the talking coming from Megumi's side. Both women were dressed in striking black kimonos with vibrant obis; nearly taking away the show themselves. The men, on the other hand, remained in a simple black suit with Endeavor choosing to keep his flames on high display. Even on his son's wedding day, the aging hero desired some of the attention on himself.

Shoto's eyes traveled over the expanse of the shrine, trailing over every building, statue and offering well before finally returning to the one sight that had kept his gaze this entire time.

Encased in a flurry of blinding white, her gaze remained fixed on the floor below. Her hair had been pulled back, hidden beneath a white headdress with only a few patches of color peeking through the traditional garment. Her porcelain skin glowed underneath the faint sun, marked by a deep red lip that brought out the fullness of her shape. He could barely make out the lines of pitch black that fell over low eyes, along with the light rouge that dusted her flushed cheeks.

With calm eyes and unmoving lips, Shoto moved his hand from underneath the black robes. His movements were so slight, only noticeable to the priest holding the red umbrella behind them. The young hero reached out, slender fingers brushing against her own before he encased her small hand in his palm.

She glanced at him with wide eyes, the color on her cheeks burning to a shade even deeper than before.

He didn't hold back the smile that grew over his lips. He looked away from her vibrant eyes and focused instead on the path that laid before them. His small smile only grew when he felt her fingers shift underneath his palm, moving to wrap around his hand and tighten in his hold.

~*~

The moon sat high in the cloudless sky by the time the ceremony had finished. Shoto had been eager to leave the shrine the moment he'd slipped the silver band around her delicate finger. But with the wedding reception still remaining, and the dozens of guests eager to congratulate them; it'd been a while before the couple were finally allowed to leave by both sides of the family.

Their honeymoon would be short, only a handful of days in the high mountains and thick forests of Hakone. (Y/N) had chosen the location since her family owned a cabin near a private hot spring. One which she'd been eager to visit after many years of neglect. Shoto hadn't protested because the idea of a honeymoon hadn't even crossed his mind until weeks before the wedding itself.

When the couple finally pulled into the driveway of the small cabin, Shoto paid the fair and watched the cab head down the road until it was no longer in sight. Only then did he finally allow himself to turn and look at the place the two would be staying for the next few days.