C H A P T E R - 1

BELLE

He had gone out as usual again and that too on a saturday and apparently won't be coming home till early morning

It was no surprise really, i had almost gotten used to the emotional pain. I wake up everyday with a ray of hope,

To see him in bed with me like before,

Too make breakfast with him together while he chased me around the kitchen counter,

To cuddle and watch movies till luch and out for a date like dinner while we smiled like maniacs and cracked the lamest jokes,

To have him there by my side through the most difficult stages of my life.

But i guess some things are always to remain just a hope without any reality.

finally i got my mind of these things and got out of bed to take a warm relaxing shower. I got dressed in some comfy pyjamas as i wouldn't be goin out till noon. I went downstairs and saw lucy cleaning the drawing room.

Lucy was a kind,sweet and loving lady in her early 40's.She knew everything he did to me and always encoraged me to start a new life. She cared for me like her own daughter.

"good morning dear, how are you today?"she asked with a cheery smile.

"I'm good"I said clearly lying.

she sent me a look that told me she knew i wasn't but she'll help.

I slowly made my way to the kitchen counter and started preparing a delicious breakfast. The thing was that food always made me calm down but it previously used to be him.

I prepared some crispy bacon, eggs and toast. I went and sat on the couch and started eating while watching stranger things.A few minutesinto the show and i recieve a call from Samatha,, she's my best friend but i never told her about Alex as she was his sister. Clearly i didn't have the courage. I finally answered the call.

"hey sam!" I tried to muster the cheeriest voice I could,but clearly she knew better.

"hey belle,why do you sound odd?"she asked with concern clear in her tone.

" ohh that ..umm..i'm actually..on my periods"i lied, hoping she would buy it.

"oh dear, should i come over, i can grab some sweets on my way too".

"no no it's fine, plus i'm busy anyways" i really didn't want anyone coming over.

"okay then, i'll call later okie, i just wanted to checkup with you."she said.

"okies, bye sam" i cut the call and resumed watching my show.

hours later

I found myself asleep on the couch with the tv still running. my neck hurt because of the uncomfortable position I slept in, it was already 4'o clock and my stomach was rumbling. I went to the kitchen to see a plate of steak, mashed potatoes and veggies already prepared, It must have been lucy, she knew me too well.

I ate my food and decided to go for a coffee at the cafe nearby as sitting in the house would do me no good, with one of the only few people I could trust, Damien. He's been my best buddy since my high school years. He's always been there for me and i could tell him anything I wanted.

I wore a navy blue cardigan with a white skirt and black boots and left my hair open in their natural waves. I gave him a call and off we went .

At the cafe

we sat down at the cafe and started making small talks of how we've been as we skype almost every 2 days. Our conversation slowly went downhill, I should've seen this coming honestly.

"So how's Alexander?" he asked with disgust clear in his tone.

"Damie plea.."

"Just answer the goddamn question bells"he said in anoyance.

"He's still the same old asshole I unfortunately married, and you know what sucks the most?, it's that i still love him, have feelings for him, care about him! All I want is to move on damie, is that too much too ask for?" I said with a few tears rolling down my eyes.

Damien immediately grabbed her and hugged her with all he had. The warm hug soothed her instantly and both the souls relied on each others comfort, a type of of comfort that only a person more than your best friend could provide. This sure confused them but they were too latched on to each others arms to pay any heed to it.

little did they know alexander had seen this with his misstress.

ONLY TIME WOULD TELL

A/n

Hey peeps,
How did u like the 1st chapter. Feel free to comment and criticize. I would love some suggestions to improve this book for ya'll.

l  o  v  e  -  j  e  s  s  i  e 🍒