24.

Hello! Hello from the other side! 😉. Thanks for reading my book, I love you irrespective of who you are (please know that).Your reads means so much to me ❤❤ I'm grateful.

Please note:

I'll be introducing Anthony's and Harry's P.O.V. I guess it would be more fun and interesting to read. You can also let me know what you think. I'll be grateful for that.
Don't be bored, get a popcorn, plug your earphones, relax and enjoy!

Anthony.

"Edna, I'm very sorry. Please forgive me" I pleaded holding her right hand.

She shook her head and folded her arms "for real?"

Confusion set in. "I don't get you?"

"Are you sorry for real? Are you honest about this?"

To be honest I actually feel sorry. But I had no choice, Nifemi was the big fish I caught. I couldn't afford to disappoint her mom. It was our plan. But in my feelings, I really like her. She'll never understand. I thought I'll just be of help to her mom and mine.

Shit! Emotions are bastards!

"Yes ... I'm sorry for real"

She looks deep into my eyes. Her eyes are beautiful, I feel like.

Lord,what's wrong with me?

She frowned a little making her look cute. "You're forgiven. But I can't forget it"

I got up. "You will,very soon"

"I'm about leaving. I have a lot of work to attend to"

She's obviously telling a lie. Her eyebrows usually wiggle a little when she does that and I find it cute, sincerely. I've studied her for the past four months we've known each other. I'm in love with her personality.

I cupped her face in my hands.

Holding her hands, I pecked her nose lightly. She closed her eyes and flinched.

"You're lying to me Edna" I cooed playing with the strands of hair that fell to her face.

She flicked. "No I'm not. Bye"

"I want to drop you off"

"I came with my car, never mind" she replied shyly, walking away.

I smirked at her as she closed the door. I'm very sure she must have blushed. That's Edna. she's very shy in person but during phone calls or texts she's free.

I received a phone call. It's a strange number.

"Hello? Anthony Adeleye on the line"

"Your mom was involved in a fatal car accident. She has been admitted at De - Life hospital, Aguda. We're expecting you soon"

I couldn't believe my ears. "What?"

The voice hung up.

I raced to my room, got changed and drive recklessly to Aguda. My brain can't still process that information.

"Oh no!" I yelled out of sorrow.

Harry.

The traffic was hectic. I just finished from a business meeting. On heading home, the traffic became worse.

Oh Christ!

I turned the engine of the car off and decided to doze.

Skrrrrrrrrh!

That sound jerked me from sleep. My vision was blurry but it soon became clear. I was shocked to my bone marrow.

An accident just occurred, Directly at the back of my car. Gad!

I rushed out and found a woman of about fifty laid in a pool of blood.

People and passersby were staring at her giving pitiful faces. Some were even taking pictures and videos.

What the hell! What's left in this world? A soul is dying and some ignorant fools are here.... doing rubbish.

"Are you all blind!" I yelled angrily. "get out of my way"

They moved aside murmuring to themselves.

Can you imagine?

I carried her up. Her bag and cell phone weren't excluded. I guess her car is the one directly behind mine.

Please God, don't let this woman die. Spare her life.

Although she weighs much but I don't care, a life is at stake. I hastily drive to a nearby hospital at Aguda, it's closer to where I am.