35.

Anthony.

"What?" I asked out of shock. Wait, how come she fainted? I'm on my way to the clinic, don't worry"

One of Edna's employees called earlier saying she fainted. Oh my gosh! I wonder how she's doing right now.

I drove as fast as I can.

♢♢

"Hello nurse. Please I want to enquire about. ....."
She smiled "Miss Edna?"
I nodded. "Yes, please where's she?"

"Calm down sir, she's alright now. I'm sure you're Mr. Anthony?"
I rolled my eyes signifying impatience. She's asking a lot of questions and I don't have time.

"Yes. How many more questions? Please I need to see her right away"
She smiled "okay. Come with me"
I walked with her to the ward. Edna's on the bed, looking weak and distressed. On noticing my presence, she stretched out her left hand.

I held her hands and hugged her tightly. She clung unto me, like a shield. Her tears made my shirt wet. I wonder why she's in tears.

The doctor cleared her throat. "Congratulations Miss Edna, you're four weeks pregnant"
A satisfactory smile curved on my lips. "I'm going to be a father! Isn't that amazing?"

She nodded shyly and gave a faint smile. "Thanks Doctor"

Something is wrong with her.

The doctor smiled. "You're welcome. Don't stress too much, it may be of great harm to you and your baby. And one more thing, you have to start your antenatal classes and checkups soon"

"No problem doctor. It's fine. Can we go home now?"
"Yes. You can leave. Please take very good care of her" The doctor advised.
We shook hands. "Thanks a lot. I'll be on my way"
She nodded affirmatively.
I tried helping her to the car. She declined.

Strange.

I drove to her house, packed some of her clothes, footwear, toiletries and some other items then we drove to my house.

Edna.

"Thanks Tony. I'm grateful for all your help and care"
He held me close to himself. "Why thank me? You're embarrassing me"
I sighed. "I'm feeling sleepy. Come lay next to me"

"She took my Anthony away from me. Watch how she rots in jail. The child is Tunde's but I claim is for Anthony. That's the only way to separate them"

"She took Mike away from me! He calls her name even in his sleep! I hate her! She's disgusting. Where's Edna? I'll kill her right here and now"

I held my head and fell on the bed. I have a severe headache. On remembering those statements, hot sweat ran through my body. I feel weak and tired.

They're planning to seperate Anthony and myself. They want to kill me, they want me humiliated. Why me?

"Edna! What's wrong with you? Are you okay?" Anthony asked holding me carefully. His face is filled with concern and curiosity. I just kept staring at him.

"You love me right?" I asked looking deep in his cute eyes.
"More than my life" he muttered. "Tell me Edna, what's going on?"

"They. ..wa. .....want to. ...ki. ..kil. .....kill me" I stammered in fear.
"Who? How? Calm down and talk to me. No one's here, I'm here for you" he assured.

He offered me a glass of water. "Have it. It'll reduce brain stress"
I nodded and drank it hastily.
"Talk to me now" he said calmly.

I decided to take a bold step. I narrated the whole conversation to him. His expression was shocked and surprised.
"For real?" He asked.

Just then, a masked man hit his head with a rifle.
"Anthonyyyyyyy" I screamed.

Hello readers! I hope you've enjoyed the updates so far. Please don't forget to tap the yellow star. I love you so much. ❤❤

Till next week, 🙌
Bye.