53.

Edna.

Four days to my birthday.

I'm very excited. It's my birthday in four days time,my engagement ceremony as well. Everyone is preparing and anticipating towards our wedding and traditional marriage. Yemisi is back with aunt Iyabo. Femi and Tomi will be back soon. All my relatives are presently in Lagos.

Yemisi invited some of our high school friends. I invited my friends from New York, from the college of cosmetology where I graduated from. It's a time to reunite with them, and also for them to assist in my choice of gowns, makeup, bridal shower, bridal items and all.

It's been quite long since I saw Tony. Although we speak regularly on phone but still I miss him a lot. It will be over soon and we will be together forever.

I really can't wait!

I'm expecting some of my friends from New York. They should have landed in Lagos already, I guess they should be close by.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

I dashed down the stairs and opened the door.

Out of ecstasy, I jumped on the three of them at a time.

"Good heavens!" Sienna laughed, hugging me. "You're chubby, jeez!"

"Oh my. ... I can't believe it's you Edna. It's been ages!" Shirley pecked my cheeks. "You're so beautiful"

"You too baby girl" I smiled frantically.

Clara flipped her hair. "Look at my girl"

We hugged each other.

"How about Mirabel and Arinze Fiona? My only Nigerian babe?"

"Here we are!" They said simultaneously rolling their boxes.

We hugged each other.

"Damn, Edna is so chubby" Mirabel assessed me from head to toe.

"Nigerian foods of course. What do you expect?"

They laughed.

Fiona chuckled. "Really I've missed Nigeria. A lot. It feels like home!'

She danced in the air, hugging me. "My Nigerian babe! I've missed you sis"

We laughed.

"Me too girl"

I know you may be a little bit confused but you don't have to be. They are my friends from College of cosmetology in New York. Fiona is the only one having both parents as Nigerians. Mirabel, Clara and Shirley are half casts.

Mirabel's mom is a Nigerian( an Igbo woman), her dad an English.

Clara's dad is a Nigerian( Igbo as well), her mom a Philippine.