Monsters

I sit up in the unfamiliar bed. I remember the previous events, standing. I pull my sweater back on. I find the exit to what I called the ruins. I exit and hear the crunch of snow beneath me and flakes on my face. "How does it snow underground? Oh, well." I walk forward and come to a bridge.

"Are you seriously stopping? You can get through the bars." I shrug.

"This is obviously here for a reason." I wait.
I lay down in the snow, giggling.

"I love snow!" I shout. I roll around in the snow, laughing. I bounce back to my feet. A black figure stops me, before I can continue.

"Human. Don't you know how to greet an old pal? Turn around and shake my hand." The figure bellows. I turn around, grabbing the hand. A farting noise comes from our hands. The figure laughs. "The old whoopie cushion in the hand trick."

I look at the figure. I see a skeleton. He looks at me, waiting for something. I smile, chuckling a little. The skeleton sighs in relief.

"That was an funny joke." I confess. He chuckles.

"My name is Sans. I'm actually on patrol for huma- actually... Nevermind, but you look a lot like one of my friends, I think you should meet them. I have a skele-ton of work to do. Bye, kid!" Sans greets. I smile as he walks off. I giggle at his pun and continue forward. I come across a sign.

"Welcome to Snowdin. Well, at least they greet guests." I reason with myself, giggling.

I walk into the town, smiling. I walk past a bunch of buildings and find a large pine tree in front of me. I walk around the tree and am greeted with a monster that has no arms. He falls over in front of me. "Need a hand?" The kid laughs as I help him up.

"Thanks." He thanks as I walk off, exploring. I am greeted by a tall skeleton.

"HUMAN!" The skeleton yells. "THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL NOW HELP YOU BACK HOME!" I grin.

"I don't need help, but thanks for the offer." I state. Papyrus looks at me, perplexed.

"WELL, I INSIST ON DIRECTING YOU HOME!" Papyrus yells. I smile.

"Okay, why not, Papyrus." I agree. He sighs and takes my hand. He leads me into a big house. I smile sheepishly. "Thank you, Papyrus, but I think you may have mistaken me for someone else."

"YOU MEAN YOU AREN'T FRISK?!" Papyrus asks. I shake my head, freezing.

"Wait. Frisk is alive?!" I ask, shouting. Papyrus nods.

"I'M CONFUSED. YOU MEAN YOU AREN'T FRISK, BUT YOU LOOK SO MUCH LIKE THEM. YOU EVEN WEAR THE SAME SWEATER!" Papyrus shouts.

"Could you take me to Frisk?" I ask.

"I WOULD BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY ARE!" Papyrus shouts. I smile.

"Do you mind if I stay here until they come back?" I ask. "I don't want to be a burden. It's okay if I can't." I wave my free hand around.

"NO! IT'S FINE! STAY AS LONG AS YOU NEED, HUMAN!" Papyrus shouts.

"Thank you, Papyrus." I ask. Papyrus runs out of the house, something about being late for training. I sigh and sit on the couch, yawning. I slowly let sleep overcome my senses. So, Frisk is alive? Heh, they always were a fighter.

~

I have a falling sensation and I bolt awake. My eyes hurt from crying. Damnit, why must my concious be scarred? No matter, Frisk is still alive. And living with monsters? They always were the friendly type. I shake my head and smile. I sit up, feeling a blanket over my figure. I pick it up and fold it the best I can. I look around.

"Papyrus?! Are you back?" I ask. No response, but it's not silent. "Frisk?"

I turn around and spot my old friend. I tackle them into a hug. They look at me and giggle.

"Still the same I see." Frisk states. I nod. "Speaking of which, how did you get into the house?"

"I met Papyrus. He said I could stay until you came back. When I spoke to him he went all loud like, 'I THE GREAT PAPYRUS SHALL ESCORT YOU, HUMAN, HOME!' I didn't realize he was talking about you." I explain. Frisk nods.

"Well, I have a theory about you." Frisk states.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"On your powers." Frisk explains. I freeze.

"You remembered..." I mumble, looking at my hands.

"Of course I remember. You were my best and only friend." Frisk states. I smile.

"So, about this theory?" I ask. Frisk nods. We sit on the couch.

"So, you know how your eyes glow when you get very emotional? I suspect one of your ancestors was a skeleton!" Frisk yells. I smile.

"You mean like Papyrus? But, doesn't that mean I would be a skeleton?" I ask.

"Not exactly. You see. If a monster where to have a child with a human, their offspring would be human but it would possess monster magic. So, you could attack with your magic instead of needing weapons like humans." Frisk explains. I nod, letting this information sink in.

So, I'm part monster. That is a hard topic to grasp. Well, that means my powers, are from a family member. I'm not a freak of nature. That's nice to know.

"Uh, you are glowing..." Frisk states. I look at myself in a mirror. My left eye has a violet aura rising out of it from under my eye patch. I smile and I sigh, taking in a deep breath. I feel my aura disappear.

"Well, Frisk. Um, do you mind if I stay with you tonight? Just like old times?" I ask. Frisk nods.

"Of course. You need a break anyway. I mean you are glowing for crying out loud. You only do that when you are beyond any emotion." Frisk enthuses. I smile. Frisk sits back and I lay my head in their lap, grinning as sleep overcomes my senses, again.