Training and Magic

"Child." Asgore speaks after some time.

"Yes?" I ask.

"The name of your soul is Curiosity. That is one of the most powerful hybrid souls. Can you use your magic?" Asgore asks.

"I honestly can barely it on will. I need more training." I explain. A creepy smile appears in Asgore's face. My smile turns into a frown.

"UNDYNE! PAPYRUS!" Asgore yells. Minutes later, the fish woman and Papyrus run through the door.

"Yes, sir?" They ask in unison, saluting.

"This little child of ours needs 'training.' Why don't you take Frisk and Asriel out before he transforms so, you can give her an idea of what's to come?" Asgore asks. "And take Sans with you."

"Yes, sir!" They state in unison. The fish woman grabs me, Frisk and Asriel, whilst Papyrus grabs his lazy brother. In minutes, we are in Snowdin, a big field outstretched in front of us. A hat is placed on a magic spear.

"Capture the flag!" Frisk and Asriel yell. Papyrus and Sans arrive.

"Let's start training!" The fish woman yells. Sans stands by me.

"The fish woman is Undyne, right?" I ask. Sans nods. The adults begin 'training' the children.

"Frisk knows magic. Cool!" I yell, distracting them. Crap, they're gonna get pummeled. A bone nails Frisk right in the abdomen. They groan. I run to their aid. "You alright, Frisk?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've taken worse from Undyne." Frisk replies. I touch their abdomen. They wince.

"Just because you've taken worse doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." I scold. Frisk nods. I place my hand on their wound. "Can someone get me something cold to put on the bruise?" I ask, yelling. Undyne nods, creating a compact snowball and wrapping it in a scarf. She runs to bring it to me. I look back at Frisk. They look at me, wide eyed.

"It doesn't hurt anymore. It feels just like it did before." Frisk states. I look at the wound. My hand and the wound are glowing a soft green. I groan and fall backwards next to Frisk.

"I healed you... I can heal too... That's fantastic." I groan.

"Maybe... Sans and Papyrus can help you?" Frisk asks. I look at them and nod.

"I'll ask." I state, standing. I walk over to Sans and Papyrus. They look at me.

"WE HAVE DECIDED THAT WE ARE GOING TO HEAL YOU, HUMAN!" Papyrus states. I laugh, losing my track of thought. Sans grabs my arm, I seethe. Papyrus places his hand over my eye.

Suddenly, the world goes white. I am sitting on nothing in a plane of emptiness. My whole body is black. I see two black skeletal figures running towards me. They touch me and the real world comes back. I gasp.

"What the hell was that?!" I ask, yelling. Sans pulls off my sling and Papyrus removes my eye patch. "Well, back to what I was saying. I was wondering if you two could help me with my magic, possibly?"

"UH, DIDN'T YOUR PARENTS TEACH YOU HOW TO USE YOUR MAGIC?" Papyrus asks. I look at the ground.

"Unfortunately, no, they did not. I don't know my parents. They died when I was very young." I explain, my eye starting to glow. I take a deep breath, the glow stopping.

"OH, WELL, THE GREAT PAPYRUS AND HIS BROTHER SHALL HELP YOU LEARN!" Papyrus states. I laugh.

"Thanks, Papyrus." I state, smiling. Papyrus stands up behind me, Sans in front of me.

"NOW, HUMAN, FIRST YOU NEED TO CHANNEL YOUR AURA. THEN, RELEASE!" Papyrus explains.

Papyrus closes his palm into a fist and bones rain down from the sky. I gape at the attack. After the snow settles, the words 'cool dude' are spelled out in bones.

"Whoa." I mutter. Papyrus laughs. I quickly copies his pose. I take a deep breath. I grunt as a stream of violet fire disintegrates Papyrus's bones. Sweat drips from my face as I smile.

"I did it... I did it. I did it!" I yell, cheering. Frisk smiles at me. "Can you help me with blue magic now?"

"THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL HELP YOU WITH THAT!" Papyrus states. A sudden feeling of heaviness in my chest weighs me down. I trip on thin air and start to float.

"Woah, this is so cool." I mutter out in awe. "Lemme try!"

"SURE!" Papyrus yells. I straighten my skirt and hold my hand out, open palmed. I close my hand into a fist. Papyrus starts to glow violet. I turn my head slightly in confusion.

"How do you feel?" I ask.

"PRETTY LIGHT, ACTUALLY." Papyrus states. Papyrus falls to the ground.

"My goodness, are you okay?" I ask, running to his side.

"YES. I FEEL LIKE A MAGNET IS PULLING ME TOWARDS THE GROUND." Papyrus explains.

"Oh, did I do something wrong?" I ask.

"I don't think so, kid." Sans states. I sigh, clenching my fist.

"I can do this." I mumble to myself. I focus on Papyrus and zone everything out. Papyrus flashes red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, pink, then blue. I raise my fist and Papyrus floats up. "I did it! Yas!"

"YOU DID IT! I KNEW YOU COULD! CAN YOU PUT ME DOWN NOW?" Papyrus asks. I nod and Papyrus falls.

"AHHH!!" Frisk screams.