Chapter 1 - Hopeful Divorce - Daily Life - Day 1

Students Remaining: 13

I sprinted down the hallway, checking every single window for a way to escape. Blocked. Blocked. Blocked. There wasn't even any light peering through them, they were so tightly bolted down. Instead, I decided to peer into the surrounding rooms to see what could be used to escape potentially. Straight down the hall was a blood-red coloured corridor lined with doors on either side. Seeing as they had each of our names on the fronts, I had assumed that these rooms were our dormitories. Finding the room that had 'Deacon Green' inscribed on the wooden door, I twisted the handle around and carefully pushed inwards, revealing the interior of the room.

The floors were smothered in a royal blue carpet without a single hair or spec of dust in sight. The walls were an appealing cream colour that blended well with the carpeted floor like the sand and the sea. The main features of the room were the single bed, sheeted with a quilt that matched the colour of the floor beneath, a desk with a set of drawers and a table on the opposite side. Curious, I opened the drawer to check what was inside, and I found what seemed to be some sort of toolkit. The casing was the same royal blue colour that had infected most other appliances in the room, and held a small hammer, screwdriver and a few screws and nails. My guess is that Monokuma to wanted us to use the toolkit for murderous purposes, so I swiftly returned the kit to where I had discovered it and slammed the drawer shut. The drawer below only had a small notepad with blank white sheets of paper attached, seemingly of no real significance.

The room was also home to a bathroom, which I found strange at first to not have a lock, but then I remembered that only the girl's bathroom doors locked as stated in the rules we obtained at the beginning of this endeavour. It wasn't very large or glamorous, it simply had a shower, toilet and sink, all the same pale white colour. I swiftly exited the room deeming there was nothing else to do, and later exited my dormitory altogether, only to find one student wandering around outside.

"Oh, hello. You startled me there." I stated, attempting to invoke conversation.

"Oh, hey. I don't believe we've met yet, is that correct?"

"Yeah, that's right. I'm Deacon Green, the Ultimate Biologist."

"Eden Downton, Ultimate Actress, pleasure to meet you."

"Actress? Are you in any famous movies?" I queried, intrigued.

"Only a few, you probably won't know them anyway."

"Ah I see... Are you looking for a way out too?"

"Actually, I was just looking for some food. If we don't get out soon, we might starve to death or die of dehydration, y'know." She had a point, I hadn't even thought of that until now.

"You wanna look together? I'm done in my dorm room anyway."

"Umm... Okay, sure." I decided to follow her around a little until we came to a huge hall. The Dining Hall. And where there's a Dining Hall there's always...

"Food!" Eden yelled as she sprinted into the kitchen, which was detached from the Dining Hall into a separate area. Orange and sky blue tiles flooded the scenery as cutlery and food items filled the shelves. In the back corner stood a fridge which contained water, fruit juices and various alcohols we could partake in. Even if we weren't of age yet, who was here to stop us? Glasses, cups and mugs took shelter in most of the cupboards, with certain seasonings and spices in others. This was truly a spectacle, but how long would the food last with multiple growing teenagers running around killing each other?

"Thank you for helping me find the food, I guess I'll be off now." Eden said, walking back out of the food heaven.

"Okay, good luck finding whatever you're after next." I replied, unsure of what to say. I was too busy pouring some rosé into a crystal clear wine glass that was hidden in one of the cupboards scattered around the area.