Chapter 1 - Hopeful Divorce - Class Trial

The doors to the elevator steadily shook open, revealing the large trial room we were destined to arrive to. Curtains were drooped around the outskirts of the room, and were the same blood red colour as the tiling on the floor. At the centre of the room stood multiple wooden stands, each with different names on, presumably where we would hold the Class Trial. Behind one of the stands stood a large cushioned chair, similar to a King's throne, and atop that throne sat the devilish bear himself, Monokuma.

"Welcome, welcome! Please take a... Stand at your pedestal please!" The bear span around on his seat, mocking our emotional states. However, we did what he instructed, in fear of our lives and in fear of everyone else's. I stood at my pedestal, with David to my left and Lauren to my right. At least I had people I could reasonably trust next to me rather than basically a stranger. The lights around the room had dimmed, it was time for the deadly Class Trial.

Class Trial Start!

"Okay..." I began. "I suggest that we go through all the basic facts we know first, just to paint a basic picture of what happened."

"Okay then..." Leanne began speaking barely before I finished. "So we know that Penny's body was discovered in the Dining Hall this morning, at around 7:15 am... Right? Or am I just being an idiot?" She sniggered a little before returning to a calmer state.

"No, 7:15 seems like a reasonable time." David replied, stroking his hair back. "I suppose we can assume that Penny was murdered during nighttime then."

"Yeah, I would assume so." I responded. "But the exact time won't matter until we get a reasonable idea of what happened."

"Okay then smartarse." Leon grunted, staring at me with snake-like eyes. "Then how did the bitch die?"

"Umm... Well, I'm not completely sure, but I did perform an autopsy on her beforehand." I twiddled my thumbs, a little nervous.

"And?" Leon snarled, seemingly frustrated for no apparent reason, although I guess that was normal for him.

"She had suffered blunt-force trauma to her head, mostly on the back, and had evidently coughed up blood, but I didn't discover anything other than that."

"So some piece of shit went up behind her and whacked her across the head with something?"

"Umm... That's one possibility, I guess." I stammered, getting more and more nervous as the Trial went on.

"It's actually a pretty likely possibility." Eden interrupted, smirking a little as if to say she had cracked the case or something. "If you had a look around the Kitchen, you may have noticed that one of the chopping boards was a little out of place, and a lot more clean than the others. Someone hit her over the head with the chopping board, washed the blood off, then simply put it back. Case closed!"

"That's one theory." David stated blatantly. "However you are clearly overlooking crucial evidence in the case."

"I am?" Eden retaliated, somewhat offended.

"Yes," Lauren also interrupted. "I believe David is talking about the blood on the floor, correct?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Tee-hee! I'm sooooo smart!" She danced around a little, which freaked me out even more. Definitely crazy.

"Anyway, if what you're saying is true, then there would be no reason to move the body."

"How do you know that the body was moved?" Chloe questioned, actually contributing for once, and without snapping at someone too.

"There were smudged blood marks on the floor surrounding her, which suggests that she was moved into her position in the Dining Hall, rather than just being killed there."